Chapter 17- Tragedy

The students were spilt perfectly uniformed into their houses; all their faces swept solemn. Snape strolled along the pathway of space, lecturing them about the sighting of Mr. Harry Potter and the consequences of aiding him. The students hung their head in order to dismiss any suspicion in helping them. Not wanting to draw attention to themselves. "Any help aided to Mr. Potter will make you be viewed as equally guilty as him." Snape prolonged, making sure his points got through to his students. Isabel was stood among the rest of the Slytherins whom, unlike the rest of the houses, still held some sort of pride in them. She glanced to her left to see how Draco was holding up. Still blank. His face did not hold an ounce of emotion; not even fear. But then again, he had nothing to lose. Eventually, Isabel turned her stare to back in front of her, biting her lower lip in dread of what was next to occur. Something wasn't right. She felt it in her gut and her intuition was never wrong.

When Snape signed off his assembly by question if anyone else had seen Potter after the Hogsmeade sighting, there was a brief silence before a member of Gryffindor stepped to the side. The boy yelled at Severus with disappoint. Harry Potter. Snape quaked back, taken back at the sight of the boy. Harry continued to hurl shouts at the Professor, accusing him for the responsibility for Dumbledore's death. How he was present and let it happen, not bothering to intervene. Snape whipped out his wand only for Minerva to push Harry aside to take his place in this duel. Briefly taking back this action, Severus extended his wand further. McGonagall began expelling fiery spells from her wand at Snape. Defending himself, Severus only deflecting to the ground, making sure no one would be hurt. As Minerva got more riled up, so did her spell. While they got faster, Snape could only do so much. He deflected them towards the Death Eaters that stood behind to protect him. They fell to the floor, their wands out of their hand. With a swish of his cloak, Severus veered away from the last spell Minerva conjured, before departing in a blur of black. His departure caused the stain glass window to smash, shards raining down to the floor. The cheers from students filled the halls, rooting for Harry Potter. As the Houses dispersed, Slytherins where hurried into the chambers by Filch and Mrs. Norris. Luckily, Isabel and Draco managed to dip before they entered the chambers, they were still close enough to her Pansy insulting Filch, shouting at him, "You filthy squib." Filch being chuffed at actually being in control of something, stood back to admire the students locked up in the behind the bars only for a few seconds later to come collapsing down. The Slytherins cheered at this convince for them before rampaging out, decking Filch to the floor. As the students left the chambers, Goyle and Blaise were dragged to the side in to one of the many passage ways the chambers held. Isabel watched him, knowing it would be a bad idea for him to do so, but left them to their own devices.

-

After the departure of Snape, all hell broke loose in Hogwarts. Dementors began to flood the grounds, trying to push past the protection which McGonagall lead in putting up, the students began to watch the opposition surge in on their broomsticks already causing havoc. On the court yard, duelling and battles started to take place. It wasn't long before the bodies began to pile up on the on the dank ground. Madame Pomfrey and the rest of the nurses tried their best to retrieve the bodies left in the middle of battle field. Any remaining limbs, belongings, fragments where all swept up by the nurses on stand-by. They deposited the injured and dead into the great hall, trying their absolute best to revive any remaining life.

Isabel still scurrying around the grounds, not daring to participate just yet in the battles. Being too busy chasing to find Draco, she saw a door begin to shrink to the ground. It was closing off a room which was housing a fire, a fire that ate everything in its was. Destroying every object. As the door was beginning to become smaller than those of a closet under the stairs, she began to notice three broom sticks coming her way. Two only with passengers. By the skin off their teeth, they made it out. The room of requirement shut for good. The abrupt stop caused them to crash to the ground, scattering them around. Isabel couldn't believe it. Harry saved Draco. Why did Harry save Draco? Harry shot Isabel a look of daggers before leaving with the rest of his trio. Isabel rushed over to the boys, hauling the up off the ground before hugging Draco in her arms.

"Where the fuck where you?" her voice cracked. She nuzzled her face deeper in the crook of his neck before pulling away to hug Blaise. She stood back from the two of them. "Where's Goyle?!" a surge of panic ran through her voice. The boys looked past her to the wall. Isabel turned around to also look at the wall. She quivered back in horror.

"Fuck." Blaise sighed as slammed his hands against the wall in anger; Draco could only stare at it teary eyed. Disrupting their grieving, they spotted a small army beginning to approach them. Clocking this, Draco began to drag Isabel away by the clench her wrist and pulling away. Isabel tried to pull back, wanting to stay and save Goyle. But deep down, she knew he was gone. Blaise began to push her along, he grabbed her other wrist and also pulled her along whilst he ran away. Being so young and fit, they managed to out run the people behind them until they were out of sight; taking so many twists and turns. Whether they were friend or foe, it didn't matter. They had to go. They found themselves pacing past the great hall, looking at all the sick and dead just laying there. Helpless. Isabel clocked the Weasley family gathered around a spot, hearing the distressing cries of Mrs Weasley.

"I'll catch you up." She said to Draco and Blaise as she watched them sprint into the distance. She didn't dare step any closer into the hall for many reasons. Noticing that it was Fred made her heart break a little bit more. Finally pulling herself together, Isabel tried to catch up to the other two. Finding herself on the border of war, she witnessed the heartless behaviour of the people she knew, never in a million years imaging that they had the sardonic ability to do so much damage.

"IZZ!" She turned her head as she heard Draco calling for her. Watching him fighting Potter, she rushed over to him. "Come on, I want to be victorious." He smirked as he began to chase after the chosen one. Although thinking it was a stupid idea, Isabel run along-side Draco.

"Draco are you sure about this? He did save your life." Isabel remarked.

"I'm not going to kill him. I'm only going to hand him over. That will be my victory." He replied with a cynical smile. Draco began to shoot spells at Potter; anything to make him stumble or stop. Harry did his best to dodge them and being rather successful. Looking back, Harry managed to shoot back.

"Sectum Sempra!" Draco haulted back, pounding to the ground.

"DRACO!" Isabel screamed. She propped his head up, trying to cover the wounds on his body with her hands. "Draco. Can you hear me? You better stay with me." He was paralysed with pain. Her hands scurried over his body, trying to stop any more blood from leaving his body. She watched Harry stop and look back at her and Draco in horror and guilt. Not being able to take it, Harry turned his back before sprinting away from his evil doing. Draco's eyes looked up to hers. 

"Thank you." He whispered gently before taking his last breath. She stared hopelessly at his face. Beginning to stroke and slap at his cheek repeatedly, she panicked.

"No. No no no no." tears streamed down her face. "Don't you fucking dare leave me in this shit hole." She began to shake his corpse, blood spluttering on her clothes. "Wake up, Draco. Come on. Don't be a prick." Not letting it sink in, she buried her face on to his chest. She didn't care or even notice that she was covered in his blood, she just wanted him back. Hearing no heartbeat or trace of breath, she screamed. She screamed an ear-piercing scream. Enough for to push the birds out of their nest in the Spring. Enough to briefly stop the Battle of Hogwarts. For silence to fall.