15 | Babysitting

"I don't get paid enough for this!" James groaned, burrying his face in his hands.

We were casually hanging around in a room while the others were filming when a woman asked us a favor to babysit the child. His mom had to bring him here otherwise the boy would be home alone.

James was trying to keep up with the kid who was running around and making a mess everywhere, knocking down everything that was in his way.

"Ian come back here!" He groaned, picking up all the stuff Ian knocked down.

Ollie had "excused" himself to the bathroom so he wouldn't have to babysit with us.

"Argh fuck." James muttered, dragging his hands through his hair.

"Fuck." Ian said innocently, grinning widely.

"Great now the kid swears." James stood next to me, slightly panting from all the running he's been doing. I noticed the door slowly opening to reveal Rupert holding a sandwich. Ian looked back at James as he ran, causing him to crash into Rupert's leg.

"Hey- whoa." His voice was slightly muffled from the sandwich in his mouth. Ian hid behind Rupert, clinging onto his leg as he walked towards us.

"Are those two being mean?" Rupert cooed and Ian nodded. Ian willingly let Rupert pick him up and set him down on the couch, making James and I gape at him.

"That's not fair! I've been trying to do that for hours!" James muttered something, that was not so appropriate for a child to hear, from beside me.

"What can I say? Kids love me." Ian grinned as Rupert gave him a pillow to lay down with.

I rubbed the evident exhaustion from my eyes and sat next to Ian on the couch.

"We better get paid for this." I yawned, tucking the little ball of energy under the blanket. I hadn't gotten much sleep last night, and with the whole babysitting thing going on, I felt like crap.

It didn't take long for Ian to fall asleep which made me sigh in relief as I watched his sleeping form.

"Finally." James whispered from beside me, sitting on the couch arm rest.

"I can look after him if you guys are tired." Rupert said and at that moment I resisted the urge to bow down, kiss his feet and praise him for his absolute kindness.

"You're a real one." James patted his back and quickly left the room before Rupert could change his mind. I smiled and walked towards the door before he caught my hand.

"Where do you think you're going?" I raised an eyebrow questioningly at him.

"It's not like I'm going to take care of him myself. It was either you or James that's gonna get some rest." He stopped once he saw the look I had on my face and continued, "I mean... If you'd like to you can go. B-but I'm just saying I might need help."

I sighed. "Don't worry, I'll stay here."

-

"I regret staying here."

Rupert laugh as Ian jumped on my back, making me groan.

This kid is gonna break my bones.

"Why can't you stay asleep?" I muttered, lifting him off my back. I couldn't keep the smile off my face. Even if Ian is annoying and energetic as hell, he's too cute for his own good.

"I wanna play!" He pouted, trying to escape my weak grasp.

Luckily, Rupert was kind enough to entertain the kid while I take a break. I layed down on the couch as I watched Ian's eyes lit up to something that Rupert was whispering in his ear.

I closed my eyes and sighed contently. It was a long day. When I came here, I didn't expect to be babysitting some energetic fur ball the whole day.

"Rupert, you have to go now." A lady walked into the room, signalling for Rupert to follow her and I momentarily whined.

"Sorry y/n." He sheepishly said as he walked out of the room, leaving me to take care of Ian. Once the door shut closed, I had a fun idea pop up in mind.

I looked at Ian. "How would you like to go play with someone who brings a lot of food."

His face lit up once again and I was grinning like a mad-man as I led him out of the room towards where the others were.

"Where are we going?" Ian asked as we walked through the different sets. I held his hand in mine and led him towards a different room.

"We're here." I said, opening the door to reveal Ollie, James, Matt and Tom.

The twins groaned at the sight of me bringing Ian into the room, as if they already know what to expect. Guess they finished shooting and never came back, I expected it though. Matt was laughing at something he saw on the laptop, while Tom was eating while looking at the same laptop.

"How would you like to become a babysitter?" I pointed at Tom and he looked at me in confusion.

"Food!" Ian shouted and ran towards Tom, almost knocking him off the chair.

"Hey! Hey! Hey!" Tom held a hend to stop Ian from stealing the chocolate bar in his hands, making the poor kid frown. Tom's expression softened and he lowered his hands.

"Tell you what. If you go bother and stick with them for the whole day so y/n can rest, I'll give you this." Tom nodded towards the twins, making them send him a look of utter disbelief and throw their hands up in defeat.

"What the f-" Matt stopped Ollie before he could continue any farther.

"Fuck?" Ian finished for him, making all of us look at him in shock.

"No, no. That's a bad word. We don't say that word." I bent down on my knees to tell Ian.

"How about this... We change that word with something that starts with F and ends with K." Tom continued.

"Fire truck?"

"Yeah fire truck." I laughed and brought a hand to his back, guiding him to Tom.

"Okay, remember the deal." Tom said as he handed Ian the chocolate bar before the kid ran off towards the twins.

"Thanks, I could really use a break from babysitting." I informed Tom as I sat next to him and Matt, watching Ollie and a grumpy looking James try to entertain Ian, far away from us.

"No problem. Besides you could've just get me to help you. Kids love me anyways." He shrugged smugly, making me hit his shoulder.

"You didn't tell me you had nothing to do."

"Well most of my scenes are with you, so I could've guessed that you knew." He smiled playfully, before we heard Matt groan from beside us. I almost forgot that he was here.

"Could you two tone down the flirting a little, I'm trying to enjoy this movie." He pointed towards the laptop in front of us.

My face flushed before I quickly apologized and turn my attention to the movie.

"You guys are watching mean girls?" I questioned suspiciously.

"What? It's iconic."

___________

Hey, sorry for the wait again. I finally finished my exams and now I can finally focus more on wattpad, I promise I'll start updating more frequently in a couple of days. Thanks for bearing with me, love you all :)