8 | Tadpole

"Gotcha!" Dan yelled as he won first place in Mario Kart: Super Circuit, me coming in second.

"That's not fair! Tom keeps distracting me." Tom immediately stopped poking the side of my head with one of his fingers and retrieved his hand back.

"Tom stop, you can get her all to yourself once we've finished playing." Dan said casually, his eyes fixed on the screen.

"I don't want her all to myself, I just like annoying her." He pouted and I rolled my eyes. He sunk onto the couch, scooting closer towards me before laying his head on my lap to look at my 'determined to beat Dan this time' face.

"Same thing mate." Ollie said, peering down at us from behind us.

"Hey I'm Tom and I want attention, but y/n isn't giving me any. Let me just annoy her now so she'll give me attention." James added in a mocking tone that made Ollie laugh from beside him.

"I don't sound like that." Tom rolled his eyes.

The race was about to start when Tom reached his hands out for the switch. "Give me that, I'll beat Dan for you."

"No, what's the point? I'm trying to beat him." He dropped his arms back down as the race started. I was in the lead, throwing banana peels back at Dan and giggling along the way.

"Ah shit." He cursed when he slipped on the banana. I was grinning from ear to ear, feeling victory approaching me when someone yelled out my name.

"Y/n!" Rupert called, running from the other room. I cursed as I slowed down to fourth place before grumply handing the nintendo switch to Tom who happily took it.

"This better be important. I was in first place." I said, marching to the dining room where Emma and Rupert were. Emma was sitting down, eating an apple and looking at pictures on the newspaper while Rupert was half-sitten down on a chair, dangling a plastic bag full of water in his right hand.

I sat beside Rupert who was looking at the plastic bag seriously, making me look at the plastic bag in all seriousness as well. I tried finding anything that could seem either interesting or unusual.

"What?" My face contorted in confusion when I found nothing but a tadpole swimming around in the empty waters.

"Look, there's a tadpole." He pointed to the tiny creature swimming in the water. Is he serious right now?

I gave Rupert a fake smile, taking the newspaper Emma was looking at and rolled it to use as a weapon to hit Rupert's head a couple of times.

"Ow! Are you mad? This is abuse!" He set down the plastic bag before covering the top of his head with both of his hands. Emma sat there with her chin resting on her hands, watching me as I hit Rupert one last time.

"Honestly I thought you would've hit him more than that." She said, laughing at the scared ginger sitting in front of her.

"Don't encourage her!" Rupert complained as he backed away from me in his chair. I gave Emma the newspaper back and muttered a 'thank you' before Tom came running in the room, telling me he won against Dan.

"This is no fair." I whined, everyone trailing behind me as I went to the living room. I sat beside Tom on the couch and watched as the sun started to set through the window. It wasn't look before Dan and the twins got off the floor to sit beside me and soon, we were all piling up at the couch.

"I'm getting us pillows." Rupert muttered before walking upstairs. My eyes were centered on the birds that were flying around the backyard, some circling the bird fountain. I smiled a little when one of the birds fell into the bird fountain, and the other one looked like it might be laughing his or hes arse off in bird language.