19 | Time of the Month

"You sure you can't stay a little longer?" I whined as Ethan made his way through the airport. Mom and dad had gone earlier to take care of some business trip they had for the weekend, despite feeling bad for not being able to be here.

"Sorry sis, I'll visit you on thanksgiving though."

"That's too longgg..." Ethan chuckled while Jay just leaned against a pillar, crossing his arms in boredome. He had been scowling at me everytime we saw each other after the whole Jessica incident.

I pouted as Ethan gave me an encouraging smile. He turned his head to look at my annoyed twin. "Don't miss me too much, Jay."

"Whatever. Go or you'll miss the flight." He muttered and walked away, not bothering to wait for me.

"Glad to see you care!" Ethan shouted before rolling his eyes, still glaring at Jay.

"You're lucky you're not stuck with him anymore." I groaned and Ethan ruffled my hair.

"Stop, I hate it when you do that." I swatted his hand away and he chuckled.

"Well, he's right. I gotta go, see you." I frowned as I watched his retreating figure for a moment before catching up with Jay. I looked around to see him standing in the airport starbucks.

"You know starbucks is more expensive here right?" He ignored me and continued waiting in line before ordering his coffee.

"Fine. Have it your way then." I muttered lowly to myself.

-

I woke up with aching pain in my stomach and I instantly knew what it was. I went to the bathroom to test my theory and yep, the time of the month.

I groaned and got out of bed before realizing that no one's in the house except for me and Jay.

I went to the bathroom to change and went downstairs to make breakfast. I sat on the stool for a couple of minutes before Jay came down, examining me.

"You look terrible."

"Thanks." I put my head down on the table as he made his way to the kitchen to grab something to drink.

"By the way, I'm throwing a party." He casually said, throwing bread to my face.

"What?!"

"Aw come on, you can just hang around somewhere or stay in your room and lock it."

"You've got to be kidding me." I groaned, walking towards the fridge while unconciously holding my stomach. Jay seemed to notice, but he never mentioned it.

I spent the whole day in my bed, sulking in misery and pain. I hadn't even realize it was eight at night already until I saw Connor in the living room, talking to Jay.

Great.

I went back to my room and ignored the two boys. It wasn't long until I felt more pain in my stomach, making me hug my pillow for dear life. I tossed and turned until I finally got out of bed to sit in the chair. For some reason sitting down was less painful than laying down.

I jumped when I heard the door open and saw Jake standing there with the same shocked expression. Guess what? I forgot to lock the door.

"Shit sorry, I didn't realize this was- I thought this was the bathroom." His face flushed as he apologized multiple times.

"It's fine, the bathroom is in the room next to mine." I explained, not missing the way he bit his lip as he stared at my legs. It was then I realized I was just wearing a baggy T-shirt and some shorts. He quickly brought his gaze back to my face once he realized what he was doing.