5 | Lean Back

"Stop!" I laughed as Tom ruffled my hair.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone movie came out a few months ago in November 16 and we were filming the second one. We were behind the cameras as Emma, Dan and Rupert were about to film a scene. Apparently, Tom had the idea to annoy me as entertainment while we wait.

"Tom stop it." I protest, trying to sound serious, but kept on laughing as I tried to push his hand away from my hair.

"Tom." I protested, looking annoyed this time. He finally stopped and quickly kissed my head before looking at the set infront of us, contently smiling to himself.

"You're so annoying sometimes." I ran my hand through the tangles in my hair, trying to straighten it out. Tom just bit his lip, trying to contain his smile.

I sat down on the ground, facing the director who was explaining things to the actors. Tom dropped down to the ground, sitting beside me with his arm wrapping around his legs and chin resting on his knees.

"Is that even real?" Tom pointed to the pool of water in one of the sets.

"Of course it's real." I rolled my eyes before laying my head down on his lap, at the same time Tom removed his arms around his legs and sat leg-crossed. I reached my arms out towards the ceiling, slightly leaning them against my head. Tom took my arms and started waving them.

"I'm a dinosaur, now fear me or I shall eat you alive. Rawr." I cringed and laughed at his actions.

"Say hi to the camera!" Dan pointed a camera towards us making me playfully groan. Tom released my hands and tried to block the camera's view as Dan came closer towards us.

"No stop, this is an interview." Dan pushed Tom's hands away and pointed the camera to me, making me give him a questioning look.

"How are you today?"

"I'm bored." I answered truthfully.

"And you kind sir." Dan joked as he zoomed the camera on Tom, making me giggle as I looked up at Tom.

"Seriously?"

"I'm zooming into your eyes and now your nose." Tom covered his nose, pushing the camera away with his other hand. He lunged forward to grab the camera, causing my head to fall to the floor with a loud thud.

"Tom!" I rubbed my head and he stopped reaching for the camera, bending down towards me.

"Sorry." He sheepishly smiled as I sat up, feeling dizzy.

"Oo, Tom." Dan teased and Tom glared at him, telling him to shut up. He layed back, leaning on the wall behind him, when something came out of his pockets.

"Is that candy?" I asked, taking some before eating one of it.

"Y-" He was interrupted by a cough from behind him. There stood a woman who was holding her hand out towards Tom. He shrunked back and Tom and I gave her the candy before he grumbled something under his breath.

"You know you're not supposed to eat during filming. If this continues I will ask them to sew your pockets." She joked the last part out, but something told me that she wasn't joking.

"Well there goes my snack." He sighed.

-

"No, not like that. You have to lean back a little."

"What? How am I supposed to do that?" I groaned out. I was standing on Tom's skateboard, trying to learn how to not fall of when stopping it. I had decided to visit Tom's house right after we finished filming and we were outside his house, in the streets.

I leaned back, only to stumble on my feet. Tom immediately responded and caught me in time before I fell backwards on the ground and stopped the skateboard from rolling away with his feet. "This is harder than it looks."

"Once you get used to it not really." He helped me up and back on the skateboard before explaining once again.

"So you just push that part and the skateboard will lean back and stop moving."

I took a deep breath and tried once more, but this time without the skateboard moving and with Tom behind me, waiting to catch me when I fall.

"Tom! Y/n!"

"Whoa!" I fell backwards into Tom and we both hit the ground, most of me on top of him.

"I have dri-" Jonathan, Tom's older brother, stopped mid-sentence and smiled when he saw the position we were in. I got up and dusted myself before walking towards the door where his brother was standing. Tom took his skateboard and trailed behind me into the house.

"How was skateboarding?" Chris, one of his other older brothers, asked as he took a glass of orange juice from the tray.

"She's terrible." Tom flinched as I slapped his shoulder, raising his hands up in defense and distancing himself from me.

"I'm not that bad." I looked at Chris and he just chuckled. I sat on the living room couch, followed by Tom and his brothers.

"Where's Ash?" I looked around for any sign of Tom's other brother.

"He's gone somewhere, he wouldn't tell us where though." Chris answered for me and I nodded in understanding.

"Chris, you're 20 and you still don't know where your brother runs off too." Jonathan stated.

"Well it's not my fault."

I sat there awkwardly as the two continue to argue. I glanced at Tom who was already looking at me and we both nodded before sneaking out to the backyard. We sat in silence by the stone steps and faced the trees in the backyard.

"What do you think I'm going to do with all this money I'm making out of the movie? Mom doesn't even know what to do with it." He broke the silence.

"Buy me food?" I grinned up at him, making him shake his head, smilling.

"Well that's one way to spend it."

"You could always save the money.' I suggested. He thought of it for a while before shrugging.

"I don't know, there's lots of uses for it. You know with dad being gone-" He paused and I glanced at him in worry, placing a hand on his shoulder. The look on his face told me that it wasn't just about that.

"That's not the only thing bothering you is it?"

He shook his head.

"I don't know if it was it even worth it, me playing as Draco just for the money. I mean, everytime I try to talk to someone from school, they have that look on their face and all I wanted to do was make friends. They don't hurt me physically or anything, but they still call me names. I used to have friends back at my old school, but ever since dad- and ever since I moved to the new school, I just thought that there was something wrong with me that nobody wants to talk to me." He refused to meet my gaze as his eyes glazed up. I felt my stomach drop at his words. Was that how he had felt all along?

"I would beat them up for you. And don't worry, you still have us." I referred to Dan, Emma, Rupert and everyone else.

"Thanks." He gave me a tight smile.

"Anyways, will you stay for dinner?" He asked, changing the topic. I decided not to push it and went along with it.

"I would but-"

"It's fine, mom doesn't mind." He cut me off, reading my thoughts.

"Alright then."

___________

I don't really know the exact time when Tom's dad left but it was when Tom was still a teenager. And I think he left before Tom switched schools.

I also don't know that much about his brothers but they're definetly older than him and Chris is 39 in 2020.