12 | Stop Touching My Arm

"You sure you don't wanna have lunch with us?"

"I need air after all that counting in class." I replied, stuffing the last of my stationary into my bag.

"Well alright, but at least eat something." Caroline gently nudged my arm and handed me a sandwich that I gratefully took. Caroline and I were still on good terms, despite me punching one of her friends.

"Thanks. I'll see you later." I slung my backpack over one of my shoulders and walked out of class.

I went to the front yard, passing a couple of students eating their lunch in the picnic area. I sat down by the tree that Tom and I claimed as our spot and opened my bag to take out my sketchbook and pencil.

I tapped the end of the pencil repetitively on the book, contemplating what to draw, when I heard familiar voices coming from beside me.

"What are you going to do? Stupefy me?" One of the guys laughed, making my anger boil as I realized who they were talking to.

I watched as one of the guys took Tom's food and shouted 'expelliarmus' before running away, laughing like a bunch of hyenas. Tom sat on the ground, leaning the back of his head against the wall where no one could see him and closed his eyes. I packed my stuff and quickly rushed towards him.

"Why- didn't- you defend- yourself?" I panted, sitting next to him. He stayed quiet and stared at the few cars passing by in front of us.

Once my breathing calmed down, I turned to look at the view in front of me and sat there in silence.

Tom

I kept ignoring y/n as she asked questions. I just wanted to be left alone. Don't get me wrong, I love her company and I know she's just trying to help, but in times like this I just wish I could block everyone out and disappear into oblivion.

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt her nudge my arm, making me turn to look at her. She had a sad smile on her face as she handed me a sandwich wrapped in foil.

I looked at it for a few seconds and felt warmth spread through my chest as I took the sandwich. I split it in half and handed her half of the sandwich with a smile, making her grin in return.

I laid my head on her shoulder and watched her as she unwrapped the foil. I burried my face in her neck and inhaled her scent, causing me to smile from the giggle that escaped her lips.

Is it bad that I just wanted to hold her and tell her how much I liked her? There was no denying that I had feelings for y/n, but I wasn't going to tell her anytime soon.

-

Y/n

"So, you look at it and jump on her as an act of defense." Tom an I nodded. We were back to filming the third film and thankfully had to skip a few months of school.

"And... Action!"

Tom screamed in fear and ran towards me as I backed away slowly. He jumped on me and tried to steady himself, only to block my eyesight and make me laugh.

"Cut!"

"Sorry." Tom laughed as he got off me and I straightened my hair.

"Action."

This time Tom jumped on me a little too hard, causing the both of us to fall back to the floor.

"How do you do this?" Tom laughed as he stood up, dusting himself off before offering a hand to help me up.

After what felt like a hundred tries, we finally got it right and had break since we didn't have to film again until later.

"I hate them." Tom shrieked in fear as I pulled him towards a dementor sculpture.

"It's not that bad... see?" I placed my hand on the dementor's face, lightly patting it and I swore I heard it grunt a little.

"Um, y/n?"

"What?" I faced Tom, my hand still on the dementors face.

"Boo." I screamed as the dementor shoved itself forward, causing me to run and bump into Tom. He wrapped his arms around me and laughed, pointing towards the dementor. I turned around to see a laughing Emma appearing from behind the sculpture.

"You should've seen your face." She laughed, making me scowl.

"Didn't you say they weren't that bad?" Tom teased.

"They're not. I was just shocked."

"Whatever you say." He bit his lip, trying to contain his smile.

"It's not that bad." Emma mocked playfully as Tom went to stroll around, us following behind him.

"Piss off." I laughed and linked my arm with hers as we walked through the different sets.

-

"-A minute or two and I uh- I could've lost my arm. Couldn't possibly do any homework for weeks." Tom said his lines.

"Stop being so dramatic. It's just a scratch." I patt his arm, making him yank it away.

"See? You're perfectly fine." I added.

"No I'm not. And stop touching my arm, Pansy."

"I'm going to the bathroom." I quickly kissed Tom in the cheek before rushing out through the doors as Genevieve glared at me and the camera moved towards Dan, Rupert and Emma.

"He's been sighted! He's been sighted!" Devon yelled as I made my way behind the cameras, careful not to trip on any wires.

I sat beside the box filled with props as everyone in the room glanced at the gryffindor table to see what the commotion was all about.

"That's right. Black could be anywhere. It's like trying to catch smoke. It's like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands."

"Cut!"

I went back to the table to sit with everyone else as the camera men look back at the footage.

"What is this supposed to be?" Josh asked, taking the round object from the table.

"An apple? I don't know." I placed both my arms on the table and laid my head on it.

"Well what else would it be? It's green and round and has a stem." I watched Tom as he spoke. He looked good from this angle.

What...?

"Alright that's it for this scene. You can put the props back in the box." A man announced, making me stand up and walk towards the labeled boxes.

"Can you help me with this?" Tom stretched out his arm with a cast on it, the other one holding the sling.

"Why did they have to put tape on this?" I groaned, trying to peel off the tape.

After a few frustrating tries, I managed to unwrap the bandage off his arm and threw it into the box. Tom threw the sling towards me and it hit my head, making me scrunch up my face.

"Oops. Sorry." He nervously laughed as I held my forehead before taking the sling and putting it in the box.

I walked towards the blonde boy and slapped his arm. "You did that on purpose."

"No, I didn't! I swear!" He held his arms up in defense, still laughing at my annoyed expression.

We both walked out of the room, following the others. I wanted to wipe the stupid grin off his face, but at the same time I wanted him to keep smiling often.

___________

Maybe I should've kept Tom's feelings as a secret and let you guys find out later on in a much better way and it's STILL chapter 12

Well... guess we're not doing that cause I'm too impatient