6 | Pesky Maddening Owl

"So the broom will be lowered and you will push him to the side." I watched as Tom and Dan sat in the brooms that were hovered in the air as Chris Columbus, our director, explains the scene. Emma and I sat down on the cushions on the floor in front of the set.

"Good thing I'm not in the quidditch team." I mumbled to Emma who was staring at the scene from beside me. Me and my fear of heights would've backed out on this.

"Come on, it's not even that high." I shook my head and continued to watch Dan and Tom teasing each other up in the air.

Something in Tom's pocket caught my eye and I immediatly looked at Emma to see her already staring at me. We grimaced as our eyes flew back to the food stuffed in Tom's pocket.

"You leaned out of the way." Dan said to Tom, still sitting on the floating broom with a grin on his face.

Tom replied to him, but I couldn't catch what he said, I wasn't even sure Dan knew what he said. I heard something along the lines of 'I know that', 'choke around that dude' and 'and miss totally'.

"Whoops." Dan said, facing to the front.

"Did you call me a wuss?" Tom sounded offended and Dan panicked making me chuckle.

"No, I- I said 'whoops'. I-I didn't, no. I promise." He raised his hands in defense.

"Alright, last one." The camera man shouted from below them and they took their positions as Emma wondered off somewhere else.

There was a huge fan that blew wind for the flying effects and, of course, the flying broom stick. Imagining myself on the broomstick made me sick to the stomach.

"Ice cream?" Matt's voice rung from beside me, making me whip my head towards him holding two ice creams.

"How did you get that? And how are none of them seeing this." I motioned towards the camera men and directors.

"Oh Lindy gave this as a treat and they already know about it." He said casually, handing me the vanilla ice cream while he ate his chocolate one. Lindy Hemming was our costume designer and she must have treated Matt and I ice creams for staying here late yesterday after filming to help with the costumes.

I ate my ice cream silently as I watched Dan and Tom shoving each other before reaching their hands out as if they were going to grab the snitch. It wasn't long before Tom had to fall from the broom and land on the matress thing for the scene where Draco falls to the quidditch field grass. His expression made it look so real that I scrunched my face up, watching him fall.

"Gryffindor wins!" Matt shouted from beside me, but he quickly covered his mouth as he realized what he did. Everyone looked at him as the director yelled 'cut!'.

"Sorry." Matt gave them a sheepish smile, his mouth covered in chocolate. I smiled, continuing to eat my ice cream as well.

"Alright, break time. We captured the scene already." One of the man said after looking back at the footage.

"Where did you get that?" Tom pointed to our ice creams as he walked towards us, Dan shortly following after him.

"Lindy." I simply stated and Tom groaned.

"I told you we should've stayed here yesterday." He gently nudged Dan with his elbow. I offered Tom my ice cream and he grinned before eating some of it. Dan gave him a pleading look, making him roll his eyes and hand the ice cream over to Dan.

"You guys just kissed each other." Matt stated bluntly as Dan took a bite out of the ice cream.

"I just kissed Dan. Or... Dan kissed me." Tom cringed in disgust. I laughed and took my ice cream back, finishing what's left of it.

-

"Pftt!" One of the twins spat.

"Get your wings off my face you pesky maddening owl."

James, Ollie, Bonnie, Rupert and I were packed in one car with an owl who was supposed to play as Hedwig in the movie. Bonnie and Rupert were in the backseat while Ollie, James, the owl and I were in the middle seat. I leaned away as the owl flapped it's wings and hit James straight in the face.

"Stupid owl." He muttered. Did I see corectly? I think the owl laughed at him just now. James tried to shake off the bird and it's wings but ended up stepping my foot.

"Ow, you're stepping on my foot!"

"Well sorry!" He said sarcastically, still trying to put the situation under control. The driver looked unbothered while the woman in the shotgun was laughing. This continued for about fifteen minutes before we finally arrived in the set and I immediatly jumped out from the car, staring at it in disbelief.

My hair was messy and my clothes were a bit ripped at the bottom because of that stupid owl's claws. Ollie tried to calm the owl down, but he made it worse instead, causing the owl to scratch n flap it's wings everywhere.

"You alright?" Emma asked as soon as I got out of the car. I stared at her, raising my eyebrows.

"I'm in one car with the twins and an aggresive owl." Sure the weasley twins were wild, but James and Ollie are no different than Fred and George. Well maybe a bit less reckless.

"Good point, let's go inside." She practically dragged me inside the building and away from the twins. We gathered in an area and waited for a while when I noticed somethinf missing.

"Where's Tom?" I asked Emma. She shrugged.

"I don't know, he said he needed to go to the bathroom, but he's not back yet."

I shrugged it off as a woman explained a few things to us and when we are going to film. I didn't have a scene until later on so I wondered off to the slytherin common room set when I found Tom sitting on the floor, leaning back into the wall. I approached him carefully and noticed his red eyes.

"Tom?" He jumped, but relaxed once he realized it was me.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, scooting over so I can sit beside him.

"Well, what are you doing here?"

"Nothing." He sniffled a little and I felt my heart sank.

"Have you been crying?" He didn't say anything. I leaned closer to hug him and he responded, hugging his arms around me and burrying his face in the crook of my neck. The past few minutes was spent with him explaining about people making fun of him for playing as Draco. I joked about threatening them and asking Tom for their names and adress, attempting to enlighten the mood.

"It's nothing, really." He tried to assure me, chuckling at my previous joke. I frowned when I saw his smile turned into a sad one. I placed my hand over his on his lap and squeezed it reassuringly.

"Thanks y/n." He smiled, a genuin smile this time.

___________

So I've been editing Harry Potter clips into a short trailer-like video recently and I'm actually loving it. The youtube video above is my favorite edit so far.

Tell me your honest opinions about it (Use earphones) :)

Was this chapter boring? Idk I felt like it was kind of boring.