"It's a learning experience. All plants matter and we are going to learn more about all of them"

"Yeah, but I want to learn about something other than daisies" she contort and I shook my head.

I looked up seeing Sally walking in her posture so confident as she glides through the aisle. She glances at me with a smirk before walking past me to the back seat.

I rolled my eyes. I was just proud that she was actually coming to school more often now. The girl was known to be a professional ditcher. I guess when you're the child of the principal, you can get away with stuff like that.

Oh, and let's not forget that she's rich.

"Rumour has it that she's having a party and everyone's going" Madi whispered beside me and I raise my brow.

"And, you think I would be interested in this information, why?"

She shrugged and leaned back into her chair, "You said you're interested in attending all the hot parties since you missed a lot in junior year. I was just helping you out".

"Well, I'll miss that one due to the fact that I am not exactly liked by her and would like to avoid confrontation" I looked back up to the front of the bus out of instinct and my eyes connected to blue ones.

He was staring right back at me as he moved along the aisle. He wasn't like Sally's gliding, but he was smooth and slow. Tantalizing as he moved past me. The heat of his gaze had me stuck in some battle with him. I just couldn't look away.

When he was closer to me- on the verge of passing me, he smirked. His left dimple deepening and his eyes becoming lower.

Did I mentioned that the guy was gorgeous?

Not sure, if I did.

I really hated that about him. That he was so attractive compared to his personality.

After the whole fiasco with Oscar, I tried my best to stay away from Lucas. I didn't need any more of what Oscar was conjuring up to be true. I avoided him in the hallways and I walked the other way to my table. However, it did not stop the stares that came when we were in the same classroom or even in the cafeteria.

I was certain he was only concern about me because of what he thought I knew about him and his dad. I had told him everything, but I knew he figured I knew more. Not just based on what I saw that night, but my imagination.

I was still interested in exposing him, but now after seeing what I saw, I wasn't sure if I should even attempt to be that close to something so illegal.

My mother would frown on that.

So for now, distance. Distance is what will help Lucas and me for now.

Madi and I continued our conversation for the entire drive to the Greenhouse. The drive was 2 hours.

I know. I know.

Yes, Madi and I can really chat it up if we want to. It was our superpowers.

When we arrive there, my initial goal was to learn about the different plants. They were lined up on shelves and brief information on each plant was on a plaque before it. Some plants had warnings not to get too close, while others can be touched.

We were all on a line, Madi and I being the second to last and Sally with her arms wrapped tightly around Lucas was the fourth to last.

I was not keeping tabs on Lucas, at all.

I stepped closer to the plant to read its details.

"Tree of Heaven" I mused, reading over the words. It appears to be a good plant and I went forward to touch its leaves, but a hand prevented mines and pushed me away.