CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT: DEMON INVESTIGATION AND NOZEL'S DECISION

In some part of the forest area at the Royal Capital where the Captain of the Black Bulls hidden the corpse of the 28th Wizard King Julius Novachrono, Yami and William met a rather strangely familiar young boy instead.

"Heya, I somehow survived. Though I am a bit smaller now." the young boy stated with his closed eyes smile. He even waves his right hand towards them casually.

He has medium-length messy blond hair and purple eyes. He wears the familiar long red robe that covered his entire body along with a couple of medals attached to it.

The dark magic user and world tree magic user was bewildered at the thirteen years old boy in front of them. They couldn't even utter a single word for a moment there as their mouth hangs open in disbelief.

"Wait, wait, wait. Yeah, no. You definitely died." Yami stated straightforwardly after remembering Julius dying wish. "I am leaving the rest to you my ass!" the dark magic user brows were slightly furrowed.

"That was definitely leading up to you dying. That was, like, your end..." he reminded him as he moves his feet towards Julius. He immediately grabs the time magic user in his collar with his left hand and lifts him above in order to see his face clearly.

"Weren't you leaving everything to me or something?" he threatens which earns a sweatdropped from the young Julius Novachrono. "Could you give me back my determination?" Yami asked as he points his index finger at him.

"Yami, you're being a bit scary." the Wizard King let out an awkward chuckle after he witnesses those intimidating gray eyes.

"Sorry I was so useless when the kingdom was in such danger. I thought my magic would kick in sooner, but..." Julius confesses which confuses Yami.

"Magic?" the dark magic user asked with a lace of irritation on his voice.

"It's probably about thirteen years worth... I'd stored time into a certain magic item. I had to take a bet on whether it'd actually activated or not." Julius answered as Yami slowly let him go after letting out a heavy sigh.

"Damn it..." he clicks his tongue in annoyance. "You're such a crazy old man..." he stated as his lips turn into a smirk.

"But I got to see your face when I thought I never would again. I guess that's not so bad." Yami rubbed the back of his neck as he averted his gaze away from him

William on the other hand felt ashamed in confronting the Wizard King. But he gathers up all his courage in order to ask for forgiveness. His purple eyes were gaze down with guilt in his eyes as he takes a long deep breath.

"Master Julius...I...I..." the world tree magic user mumbles.

"William Vangeance. No matter what reason may have been, betraying the kingdom is a grave crime." the Wizard King stated sternly.

"Many were hurt, and it will take time for everyone to recover. I'm not going to let you sit idle during that crime..." Julius said with seriousness in his eyes.

Yami's eyes widen in a fraction of seconds after hearing Julius's decision. "Wait, aren't you going kinda easy on him?" he questions with a cigarette in between his fingers.

"After everything he did, you're not gonna punish him at all?" the dark magic user clicks his tongue in annoyance.

"Well, I'm the one who invited William into the Magic Knights and appointed him as a captain. I'm responsible for what happened, too." Julius explained as his purple eyes never waver at the world tree magic user.

"And for losing against the other soul that was in him, the leader of the Eye of the Midnight Sun." he continued.

"William, I'm sure there will be those who resent you for being a part of all of this. But I know how much you suffered, too. Do you have the resolve to withstand that hatred and proceed?" the Wizard King asked him and gave him another chance to continue to become a Magic Knight.