CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: THE ELF AND THE NOBLE

A seven-year-old boy with fair skin, narrow purples eyes and short silver-white hair is panting in the middle of the forest in the Forsaken Realm.

He is currently busy with his training. He has chosen this place because only a few are brave enough to even venture in it due to the reason that, there are rumors that elves have been spotted in the very said forest.

Elves are known for their immense magic power, so humans tend to fear them. But even so, he really didn't pay much attention to them.

His small body is already worn out due to the secret training that he has been doing for months now.

He wipes the sweats that dripping down on his face and letting out an exasperated sigh. Even though he is training hard. He still not improving on controlling his magic.

"Ryu, when do you think he will give up?" a young girl with short white hair that just above her shoulder, asked the teenage male beside her.

She has this unique golden dragon eyes and pointy ears. Her pink lips turn into a frown as she watches the struggling young human.

"He is doing that for months now. I don't think he will ever give up, Homura." the teenage male Ryu said. He has long white hair that tied into a ponytail. His same golden dragon eyes stare at the young girl beside him

"You are not going to talk to him. He is a human." Ryu scolded which makes the young girl puffed her cheeks in disappointment.

"I do not want to talk to him!" Homura lied, hugging her knees closer to her. "But he seems interesting...You know, how he doesn't give up..." she added which makes Ryu hit her on the top of her head.

"Oh!" Homura winces in pain, rubbing it gently. "You are so mean to me!" she whines at him with fake tears in the corner of her eyes.

The young boy lift his right hand and spreading his palm until mercury magic formed on it. He tried to hit the target on the tree trunk but it just changes direction.

"Well, at least it not that bad..." he convinces himself until an irk mark appeared on his forehead and glaring at his target. He didn't even hit it for Pete's sake.

He suddenly loses his cool as he summons multiple mercury magic and attacks the said tree.

Smokes can be seen from above due to his clumsy attacks, but he still didn't manage to hit his target.

Homura and Ryu sweat dropped from what they have witnessed. "He is improving alright..." Ryu said with sarcasm behind it.

"And I just hope he didn't disturb the wild lizard there. That kid will be..." Ryu is about to say something until they heard a violent shrieking sound. "Yup...He really did it this time..." Ryu shrug. He really didn't care if the young boy will die there and got devoured by wild lizards.

"Come on, Homura. Let's go home. If he will die it just called nature..." he cranes his neck beside him with his close eyes smile and saw no one is there.

"That fool!!!" he shrieked with a horrified expression etched on his beautiful face.

The young boy felt his body run cold due to the strange creature that pops out of nowhere. He didn't even know how this creature appeared in front of him.

A giant lizard with green scales and has red flame on the end of its tail is staring at him with its black slit eyes. It had this strange bump on the top of its head.

He opens his mouth to say something or scream but nothing came out. His eyes widen in fear feeling he is petrified as his purple eyes stare at the deadly giant predator, which is about to devour him whole any time soon.