CHAPTER SIXTEEN: INTO THE ROYAL CAPITAL

Yami's loud laughs can be heard inside the Black Bulls base after hearing what happened at the Saussy Village. He holds his cigarette in between his fingers and silvery smoke came out from it.

Asta, Hayaku, and Noelle are confused about why their Captain seems not bothered, that the Old man Seyhe just died.

"Sound like you guys went through hell!" Yami said with interest as he shakes his head lightly, laughing about it.

"Why does he sound happy about it? Someone had died..." Noelle thought with a frown. Hayaku patted Hanabi while letting out a frustrated sigh.

"Hey, Captain. I don't think this a laughing matter..." Asta told him with a serious expression on his face.

"Being depressed isn't going to bring back Old Man Seyhe. Right?" Yami told them which makes the newbie realizes that their captain statement is correct.

"Yes, sir! It's just as you say, sir! Old Man Seyhe liked to see everyone happy and energetic!" Magna said like some kind of soldier as he faces his three kouhai. "Come on. You guys should be laughing too!" he persuades and started to laugh and obviously forcing himself.

Asta started to laugh awkwardly, followed by Hayaku and Noelle. They are like robots that are laughing together with a long pause each laughs.

"That's how it should be.." Yami said until their laughs subside. "What happened to Old Man Seyhe really is a shame, but you four were able to protect the villagers..." Yami said, trying to encourage them.

Of course, Yami was frustrated about Seyhe loss but from the five of them. He is the most experience when it comes to losing someone.

Being a Magic Knights means protecting someone at all cause but it doesn't mean they can save all of them. It is the sad truth about being a Magic Knight.

"Be proud of that.." he told them with a smirk. "Well done. Great job, you idiots!" Yami complimented.

"Yes, sir..." Magna, Hayaku, and Asta replied in unison while Noelle murmured "Thanks" shyly.

Asta and Hayaku notice that Magna is doing some strange salute on his chest.

"What's that?" Asta asked in curiosity.

"You moron! You don't even know the Magic Knights salute?!" Magna scolded. "Watch carefully. These fingers symbolize the clover." he instructed. He shows his right hand which the three fingers in a salute while the thumb and pinky finger are touching each other, placing in front of his chest where the heart is located.

In just a few moments, Vanessa and Finral came out from a spatial magic portal. "Great job, you four..." Vanessa congratulates.

"Miss Vanessa! Finral!" Asta called.

"Captain, we went to the Magic Investigation Department." informed Finral.

"Good. Did you find anything out?" he asked.

"Who the heck behind all this?! I'll find their hideout and raid it! I'll beat the crap out of the guy who got away too!" Magna demanded.

Vanessa had a frustrated look on her face while staring at Magna. "You see, they investigated the item he left behind.." Vanessa informed, talking about the pocket watch that Heath left after he committed suicide.

"But still don't have a clue..." she told them, letting out an exasperated sigh.

"How useless can they be?!" Magna grunted, infuriated by it. He even started to throw some fireball magic in the wall that almost breaks from it.

Yami instantly had his mana pressure around him from what the delinquent mage have done. He formed concentrated mana on his left hand and slamming the wall with his mana cloaked fist and destroying the wall completely.