CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE: NOTHING TO HIDE

The light magic user is lying on the ground, feeling the intense pain all over his body. He is still conscious but unable to move.

They were quite surprised that he just withstand his own insane magic. Gauche is having a hard time to breath due to the excessive use of his magic but then again, it was all worth it.

"That was really something, Gauche..." Finral stuttered, witnessing the magic power of his kouhai. He didn't expect that something with a massive sister complex hides powerful magic such as that.

Hayaku and Yami uncast their magic barrier spell while Asta started to touch his body all over the place. "I'm alive!" he shouted with pure happiness.

"Finral-senpai! Gauche-senpai! What just happened?!" he asked as most of them didn't actually witness what happened due to the blinding light.

"I couldn't see it but...it's the speed of light. There's no way he could've dodge all of it...Take that, you bastard!" Gauche shouted while catching his breath. He could feel the stinging pain of his lungs, indicating that he had used up almost all of his mana.

Hayaku uses her white flame to heal the mirror magic user wound. As she notices the blood falling from his left eye due to the overuse of the magic mirror item embedded in it.

"Glad you came back, Gauche! Way to steal all the glory, jerk!" Yami laugh out loud while ruffling his hair as the mirror magic user gaze upon his captain with a minuscule smile.

"Captain...I'm only here because you picked me up that one day..." Gauche said calmly.

"I see. So, I guess it's basically my glory!" Yami exclaimed and laughs at his own antics.

Hayaku extinguished the white flame while Gauche nodded at her, it just the way he is saying his gratitude. It just like that, for some odd reason Gauche could tolerate her existence. But it doesn't mean he wouldn't get mad at her if she steals Marie's attention.

"Captain Yami, you didn't even do anything! Gauche-senpai did all the work!" Asta pinpoints until he was grabbed by the top of his head.

"Shut up!" Yami grunted, gripping his head tightly, the ash blond scream in pain because of it.

"Don't get cocky just because you beat the scrawny dude, kid and besides Haya here, did assist you!" Yami lectured, wiggling Asta like a worm on his hold.

Hayaku yawn as she covered her mouth with her right hand. She just wanted to hibernate like a bear in her cozy bed back in the Black Bulls base and wrap herself with her soft blanket like a burrito.

"Now, now. Captain Yami, Gauche, Asta, and Haya, we all worked hard..." Finral stated, trying to stop Yami from hurting the ash blond male.

"Yeah, except for you..." Yami and Gauche said in unison with an annoyed look on their faces.

"What?! Wait! None of this would've happened without my spatial magic!" Finral defended as he sways his right hand dramatically.

"Hurry up and get me back to Marie." Gauche ordered without even listening to him.

"Again, I have seniority over you!" Finral scolded the glass magic user.

"Ah, Marie... Your big brother did it. I bet you'll hug me and tell me how great I am! I can't wait! Ah! Marie!" Gauche started to daydream like he usually does as blood trickle down from his nostrils. They even wondered how he moans like that with that mean look on his face.

"Hurry it up!" Gauche ordered Finral.

"Again, I am your senior and I told you I could only use my magic one more time. I have to recover my magic first. Just wait for a sec.." Finral explains calmly but then Yami and Gauche clicked their tongue in annoyance, looking away from him in disappointment.