CHAPTER FORTY: TRUST AND THE TWO SPIRIT WIELDERS

The clear blue sky was replaced by slate-gray clouds and even the golden sunray was completely blocked by it. It keeps drifting above in circular motion as if there will be an upcoming storm.

The strong gust of wind touches the skin of the two teams that will clash with one another anytime soon. They are in their respective area along with the crystal that they needed to protect.

Despite Finral dreadful conditions, the Royal Knight Selection Examination must continue. And due to the heated argument between Asta and Langris, the Wizard King has decided to proceed to the semi-final once and for all.

“Vice Captain Langris has been always a bit belligerent, but it’s not normally for him to act like this!” Klaus's brows were slightly furrowed after witnessing the odd behavior of their Vice Captain.

“Yes, something definitely isn’t right.” even Yuno agreed to that. There is just something different about the certain spatial magic user.

Hanabi and Hayaku are also with them in the watching area. Their golden eyes were focusing on Asta and Langris team. They knew that someone is behind the sinister aura of the Vice Captain of the Golden Dawn.

“Who might it be though…the one that causes Langris to act that way…” the black haired female shoves her hands on her pockets as her eyes narrow at the battlefield.

“Or maybe something is controlling him without him even knowing about…Is that even magic?” Hayaku clenches her fists inside her pockets.

“Asta should be more vigilant with that brat. That offensive spatial magic isn’t one of those magic that you could dodge easily…” Hanabi stated as he glances at his serious master in the corner of his eyes.

“It is a good thing though that Asta has an anti-magic sword…” he stated as he focuses on Asta’s team once again.

The ash blond male is together with his two teammates, Zora and Mimosa while waiting for their match to begin. He doesn’t want to end up like this but he needed to do something with the unacceptable attitude of the spatial magic user.

“Mimosa, Xerx…I’m sorry about this…” he apologizes as he glances at them over his shoulder. “I didn’t mean for this to happen but I want to beat him! Please help me!” he humbly requested as he grips his Demon-Dweller Sword in his right hand.

“Yes!” Mimosa answered immediately but there is a wary look on her face. “There’s something wrong with Langris….” her mind lingers to the ominous magic that coming out from Langris earlier.

Until a sudden chuckle coming from Zora interrupted Mimosa and Asta. He started to cackle in amusement from what is just happening right now. His two teammates are both eyeing him weirdly due to his odd behavior.

“Magic Knights clashing over personal stuff and doing whatever the hell they want. Are you all stupid?!” he shouted with amusement in his dark blue eyes.

“Hey!” the ash blond intervene as his face turns into a scowling one. This isn’t even a laughing matter to begin with.

Zora shakes his head lightly as he lifts both of his hands to stop Asta from talking. His lips turn into a smirk as his dark blue eyes shimmer in interest. 

“But fine, whatever.” the crimson haired male agreed. “For now, he’s much worse than you. Let’s do this, you little shit!” he continued as his expression turns into a sadistic one.

Sekke and Fragil on the other hand are worried at the silence coming from Langris. The spatial magic user is in front of them, back facing, and didn’t even state a single word.