➻Chapter 24- The Edge Of Never.

TYLER'S POV:

It had been nearly 10 mins considering we'd started driving back home, and I kid you not this night was long-drawn and exhausting!

I lamented. Alot of events that occurred tonight did not even make sense to me. Like-- getting maddened by Charles and by Adele for giggling with him, her touch making me feel things I never knew existed, her sorrow making me feel uncomfortable, and all that urge to soothe her agony?

What the hell was all this? And towards Adele Hadwin? Never in a million years would I have envisioned behaving this way towards her. The most prominent headache in my life, the greatest unfortunate of my life, the biggest rival of my life--The Adele Hadwin now held a spot in my life that I'd never fancied anyone having.

I gasped hard at my thoughts and pushed the breaks all of a sudden causing my body to swing a little.

What was going on with me?

I was pondering so much over a girl? And nobody but Adele Hadwin?

With a long exhale, I directed my face towards the side and my thoughts abruptly quieted down glancing at Hadwin. She had her head tilted and rested onto the window while her eyes were shut indicating her tiredness. My lips suddenly arced up forming a small smile. Her features were much more softer in sleep, and she looked so serene. Man, she was sleeping like a baby.

It was inconceivable to picture that she was the same girl who tore around everyone, who would go all revolting on me any chance she gets. The one who is always outrageous now looked so angelic and peaceful.

I laughed softly.

"Stop," I heard Adele muffle in her sleep while she adjusted her stance into a relaxed position, "Let me slee....p."

"Sorry." I snickered, owing to the fact that she literally had no idea what she was speaking. I smiled again and gazed at her for a while. The explosion her little cart ride scheme made tonight was unforgettable.

Oof.

Glimpsing at her one last time, I moved back onto the steering and ignited the engine, hitting the road.

Despite of the doomed weariness, I knew I had another tiring drama to face when I am headed back home.

My parents.

---

A couple more quiet moments passed by, and we were finally in front of our houses.

I inhaled a deep sigh.

What a night!

"Phew," I huffed, turning to look at Hadwin, who still slept like a rock. She truly looked so darn done with all the shit—that she refused to open her eyes even for a second throughout the entire ride.

Wobbling my head slightly, I placed my hand on Adele's shoulder and gave it a little shake, trying to wake her up, "Hadwin?"

No response.

"Hadwin, wake up," I tried again, this time touching her cheek, my knuckles brushed softly against her skin, "Wake up, we're here!"

Her eyes fluttered a little, and a second later she finally awoke, mending her posture. She totally looked like she didn't mean to sleep but wouldn't mind dozing off there and there again.

"...Oh," Adele mumbled brushing some of her hair back, and giving me a look, "How long was I asleep?"

"Um, let's just say you were asleep since we started driving back,"