➻Chapter 40- Unforgettable.

ADELE'S POV:

The dreadful flashback still gave me goosebumps and I trembled as I recounted it. Each and every image that zipped through my head caused me to quiver with fear.

With a weary sigh, I heard Nicole sobbing on my shoulder as we still hugged each other firmly—which hauled me back to reality.

Pursing my lips, I shook my head slowly, stroking her back to calm her sobs down. Damn. This shouldn't be happening right now. We had to somehow collect our composures owning to the fact that we were about to be there with Bryan in a while and viewing us like this he definitely would know something was up with us. Only a look would be enough for him to figure it all out and it wasn't what Nicole and I wanted for today.

I sighed heavily.

"Get hold of yourself, Nic," I mumbled, drawing apart from her crying form to which she bit her lower lip, attempting to suppress the tears that flowed uncontrollably, "Nicole. I know it's not easy but we can't let him know something's wrong. He already suspects it..."

"I know," Another sigh escaped her mouth and she looked up at me with her glossy eyes, a gloomy smile crawled up her trembling lips, "It's gonna be alright, Adele, isn't it? He will understand us. Everything will be fine soon. Everything will fall into place...wouldn't it?"

"Yes, it would," I smiled through my tears, patting her cheeks, "It has to be."

Nicole nodded vigorously, wiping the tears away that hurried down her cheeks without a stop.

"Okay, that's it," She got up with a heavy sigh and stood in front of me, raising up her chin, "Enough of grief. We have to look like nothing has happened or else Bryan would start firing numerous questions at me like last night and there's no alcohol to avoid it this time. Better to disguise it all up and have the greatest time today!"

I chuckled lightly when she tried to switch the ambience causing her to laugh along softly as well.

It definitely took us a while to get out of the grievous zone but the two of us finally had gathered ourselves and were ready to head out to meet others.

Getting my belongings, I mentally did a fleeting check of my stuff and fortunately—everything was ready. I had two bags along with me, one backpack that hung lowly on one side of my shoulder and another was a handbag consisting of all the sanitary needs. Apparently, it was a long ride towards our destination and we were probably staying over at the place which Tyler was taking us to. Well, yes, we still had zero clue about where this guy was taking us, but I knew he was so excited about it.

TYLER'S POV:

Exhilarated, I grasped my stuff and strolled downstairs, wanting to get to begin this day as soon as possible. Just when I started descending down the stairs I paused midway, dead, when I heard the voice that gives me a headache.

My eyes rolled discreetly. Freaking hell, he was the last person I wanted to see early in the morning.

An irritated sigh fled my lips as I quietly scooped my head down a little, taking a quick peek in the dining room. My eyes furiously darted between my Dad having a conversation with Isabelle who was having or trying to have her breakfast peacefully.

I honestly didn't even bother to know what he was talking about because all I desperately wanted was for him to leave so that I can finally head outside without having to deal with him and ruin my entire day. But as always, he had this superpower of hitting a nerve by beginning to speak about that damned topic, again...

"Isa," He began, proceeding to take a brief pause before he spoke again, "With your brother taking over my position, I think you should start thinking about what you want to do with your life as well."