➻Chapter 1- Worst Mornings.

[Warning: This book is cliché, it's kinda slowburn and the main leads are abusive towards each other. If you're still comfortable with that, please go ahead!]

[ A/N: Flashbacks that appear in this book are all in Adele's memories and is what has already happened in the past!]

(Only the flashbacks would be in italics.)

ADELE'S POV:

—FLASHBACK—

My lips creased a huge smile of exultation as I bounced on my toe excitedly, hearing the doorbell ring.

Scurrying straight towards the door, the smile on my lips didn't even seem to drop for a second. It was because Frederick was returning today. Finally. He was back.

Swinging the door open, my eyes melted the second I saw his delightful face and that alluring smile across his lips. Frederick stood there snickering delightedly at me, whilst holding a fresh bouquet of red roses in his hands.

"Hey love," He mumbled with a loose grin dancing across his lip, and I didn't even think twice before I hopped and threw my arms around his neck, seizing him into a firm embrace.

"I missed you so much, babe!" I almost squealed because I was that gladdened to see that guy.

"I missed you even more, love," Frederick responded, his arms were encircled around my waist as he proceeded to set a kiss on my forehead.

That escalating smile was still lingering on my lips, while my heart pounded rapidly against my chest due to the immense rejoice. I had seen him after a whole month, which quite literally felt like a whole eternity. And not to forget, how much I had missed that pretty face.

"Are you ready?" Fred smirked, passing a wink my way to which I arched a brow in surprise and bewilderment.

"Babygirl. We are meeting after a whole month, how can I let you go without a long drive?" He continued to snigger my way causing my eyes to light up in delight.

~FLASHBACK ENDS~

I drew in a deep breath wiping the salty tears off my cheeks, as I still gaped at a picture on my phone, a picture of him and I.

I absolutely hated getting flashbacks of the things that I didn't want to remember. Especially of him. I thought I could forget about him and move on. But who was I kidding? He never failed to cross my mind.

He was Frederick. Frederick Jefferson. My ex-boyfriend.

He was that one person who I couldn't hate, no matter what he did to me, no matter how terribly he hurt me, no matter how much of an asshole he was, I couldn't hate him. I just couldn't! And that's what I disliked so much about myself. I was still crying over a douchebag, an asshole who deserved nothing but my hatred. My anger! Ugh.

Everyone around me thought I was strong, or could stand up for myself, which, yes was true. I could. I was strong, I could show anyone their place if they tried to mess with me, but Frederick—his name itself could cause these burning tears to well up. I wanted to stop, but why couldn't I? He was twerp that left me while making remarks to disparage me and that day... Ugh, no. I didn't want to think about that day. That damned day, which changed me entirely from a sweetheart to a cold bitch. I became how I was today. The day when Frederick showed me what kind of a douchebag he was.

But whatever happened, one thing that asshole did right after he left me was—never return again. It made me tough and gave me a significant lesson that would stay with me for lifetime—which was; never to trust anyone ever again. And love, oh, this love. What a disastrous disease! Never in my life would I repeat that mistake again.