➻Chapter 17 - Was That Jealousy?

TYLER'S POV:

Even though I was thoroughly puzzled to why my sister and Jake were pretending to be complete strangers and idiots, I didn't fret to speak up or ask them.

Well, it was not that I didn't care about my sister or something that sort of, come on, I am a great elder brother. It was just that—I reckon Isa was back after a long, very long time, so maybe that might be the reason for their awkwardness.

That was understandable and I hoped what I was assuming was correct, because again, what else could be the reason?

My thoughts were soon interrupted by the ringing of my cell phone, while Jake had already left after my sister's repeatedly 'rude' replies to his sweet gift.

Poor guy.

I speedily fished out my cellphone only to see dad calling me. Good gracious, I could already hear him screaming at me for being late.

"It's Dad. Are you done already? We need to go, Isa!" I grumbled while Isabelle was standing and ceaselessly staring at the present which Jake had given her just now. For God's sake, why was she staring at it for so long? That poor guy had just given her a present, and not a bomb packed in it! I shook my head.

Hearing me whine, Isabelle promptly looked up at me and nodded.

"Obviously I am done, what are we waiting for?" She did a quick eye roll, walking past me and straight towards the parking which made me breathe out an annoyed sigh and slap my forehead. Seriously, I was so done with this girl! Emitting a tiny breath I followed her.

My parents scowled at us the entire way until we finally arrived at the restaurant. Heavens, it sucks to be the elder child and what sucks, even more, is to hear your parents rebuking because of your younger sibling. Ugh, It made me regret taking my own car and driving to the restro peacefully.

Finally arriving at the restro which was quite large and modern, we settled down on a huge table in the right corner which I suppose my dad had already booked.

My parents, Isabelle and I gave our orders and waited for it to arrive but what Isabelle didn't know was we had a surprise prepared for her.

Okay, not we but my parents, actually my mom, had already planned to surprise her with two layered huge red velvet cake, which was her absolute favourite and managed to inform me secretly.

Well, I did feel awful about planning nothing for my sister on her birthday but that did not mean I didn't want to. I just didn't understand what to do and I needed a girl to advise me about that, for which I chose to ask Nicole or someone to help me later.

Besides that, I had already started feeling excited to see how she would react seeing her favourite cake eventhough after the meeting with Jake she was not quite fine.

While we waited for our orders, I sat back on my chair fiddling with my knuckles as I took a brief glance around the restro. Hm, it was a cool place. I continued glancing around, and that was when a couple eating a pizza immediately grabbed my attention. The pizza, it literally reminded me of the spicy pizza and Hadwin.

Unbelievable but yes, she crossed my mind and I couldn't even stop pondering about today. The way we laughed, her never-ending craziness and what not. I did not even realize I was freaking smiling like a nincompoop until Isabelle gave a quick tap on my shoulder with a questioned look.

"You okay, right?" Isabelle muttered arching her brows up and I passed a tongue over my lips nodding fervently. Good God.

"Yeah, Yes, obviously."