Talk with Head of House

Andromeda's POV

I arrive outside Professor Snape's office and knock on his door. "Enter" he calls and I enter the room. "What can I help you with Miss Malfoy?" he asks me.

"I wish to not have to go to Lockhart's classes" I tell him.

"Why? Pretell" he tells me.

"He is a fraud, I do believe he knows the first thing about DADA. He gave us a quiz, that was all about him and would not stop talking about his award for having a charming smile. He then released a folk of Cornish Pixies into the classroom. Without tells us a thing about them and let them steal his wand. He left us to fend for ourselves" I explain.

"I'm sure you handled the pixies" he drawls.

"Of course I did, I took charge when he left. I freeze the pixies and had them put back into their cage. And locked it as Harry got Neville down from the chandelier with Ron's help" I explain. "But I refuse to be taught by an amateur" I tell him.

"I did not support Dumbledore's decision in hiring Lockhart, but if you wish to no longer be in his class. You may of course not go, but you must learn defense against the dark arts" he tells me.

"I can teach myself better, then that fool" I tell him.

"Never the less, you shall have private lessons with me and I shall teach you proper defense" he tells me. "I shall inform the head master and have you excused from Lockhart's class" he states.

"Thank you professor, now I have to get to lunch" I tell him.

"Then go and your first lesson will be tonight at eight. Do not be late" he tells me.

"Wouldn't dream of it professor" I tell him smiling. I leave the office and go to the great hall. I sit beside Draco.

"Where did you disappear to?" he asks me.

"To see Professor Snape, I no longer have to go to that fraud's class" I tell him happily.

"But what about your education?" he asks me. "Father would not approve of you failing a subject" he states.

"Oh I won't be failing" I tell him smugly with a smile. "Professor Snape will be teaching me Defense Against the Dark Arts personally this year. Until the fraud is gone" I state.

"Lucky you" he says smiling. "Do you think he'll teach me also?" he asks.

"Why not? You are his godson" I remind him.

"When is your first lesson?" he asks me.

"Tonight at eight, you can come with and ask for permission to learn with me" I tell him. He nods his head in agreement. We finish our lunch and go to our next class together.

(Time skip)

Draco and I arrived outside Snape's office. And I knock. "Enter" Snape says and we enter. "Ah Draco, have you decided to join our lessons?" he asks my brother.

"If I am allowed too" Draco tells him.

"Of course you may, now sit both of you" he tells us. We do so. "Today we shall start with the tickling charm. A useful spell to distract ones opponent and disarm them without causing harm" he states. "You will learn many spells and about dark creatures in these lessons" he tells us.

"What about occlumency?" I asks him.

"What's occlumency?" Draco asks confused.

"The magical defense of the mind against external penetration. An obscure branch of magic, but a highly useful one" I explain.

"That it is and it would be wise to learn it" Snape states. "But first you both must learn to clear your minds" he tells us. One must rid their mind of all thoughts and emotions. Make it blank and calm. The concept was similar to fighting off the Imperius Curse. You both shall clear your minds every night before you fall asleep" he instructs us.

"For how long?" Draco asks him curious.

"Until I believe you are ready to defend your minds against my attacks. Now let us begin our lesson" Snape declares. Our lesson began. Once we knew the theory, wrist movement and incantation. Professor Snape had us practice the spells on each other. It was a right laugh. "Well done, now remember to empty your minds tonight before you sleep. I will know if you have not been practicing" he tells us.

"Thank you professor" I say smiling. Draco and I return to our common room. "See you in the morning Draco" I tell him.

"Sweet dreams dear sister" he says smiling. He goes to his dorm and I go to mine. I got ready for bed and called it a night. Coco slept beside me on my spare pillow.

A/N

Picture above of Professor Snape and on the external link of his office.