Writing on a Wall

Andromeda's POV

It's been about three weeks since Draco insulted Hermione and he still has not apologized. So I am still ignoring him. He has tried to talk to me. But I've been avoiding him. Hermione has tried to get me to talk to him. She feels guilty that I am angry with him because of what he did to her. But it's not her fault. She shouldn't have to fix anything.

Anyway it's Halloween night. Hermione and the other two are going to Sir Nicholas' death day party in the dungeons. I would of gone, but I didn't want to be a party crusher as I wasn't invited. A part of me didn't even want to go to the feast.

But Hermione told me I should go and that they should be back in time for dessert. So I did my homework and headed for the great hall. I hear something moving and turn to see nothing. I frown, it must be my imagination. I go to continue and hear it again. Something scraping against the hard floor.

I follow it to the Mrytle's bathroom. I see nothing out of place. I sigh and shake my head. Must be imagining things. I leave the bathroom and go to the great hall. When I arrive I look between the Gryffindor and Slytherin table.  I catch Draco's eye and he beacons me to join him. But I give him a pointed look.

"Andy, over here!" Seamus calls from the Gryffindor table. I see he's sitting with Neville and Dean. I smile and walk over to them. I sit down next to Neville.

"Glad you could join us Andy" Dean says with a smile.

"I wonder where the other three are? Ron would never miss a feast" Neville states looking up and down the table.

"They were invited to Sir Nicholas' Death Day party. But should be back in time for dessert" I tell them.

"Death day party? Cool" Seamus says.

"Don't they serve only rotting food there?" Dean asks.

"Yes" I state.

"Ron is going to be hungry" Seamus says with a chuckle.

"Lets make a bet" Dean suggests.

"What sort of bet?" I ask him intrigued.

"On when the trio will get here, I bet they'll be here before dessert" he states.

"I bet they'll be here as dessert is served" Seamus adds.

"I bet they'll be here half way through dessert" I state.

"Neville?" Dean asks.

"I bet they won't come" he says quietly.

"Ok, ten sickles?" I ask and they all nod their heads. The feast begins and we start to ate. I have Shepherd's pie with some veggies. The main course passes with no sign of the trio and dessert is served. "That's you two out" I say smirking at Dean and Seamus.

"Good luck Neville" they tell him. We each serve ourselves our dessert and begin to ate. Half way through dessert, there's still no sign of the trio. Which has me concerned, where could they be? The feast starts to come to an end and we decide to leave.

"Guess you won Neville" I state as we leave the Great Hall. "Pay up boys" I say as I give Neville ten sickles. Seamus and Dean grumble, but give him ten sickles each.

"I wonder what's happening over there?" Dean says and we all look to see a crowd gathering.

"No idea" I say.

"Lets check it out" Seamus suggests. We all walk over and hear people muttering about writing on the wall. We push our way through to the front of the crowd. Now we can see the writing on the wall.

"Is that blood?" Neville asks looking scared. I read the message on the wall. THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAS BEEN OPENED. ENEMIES OF THE HEIR, BEWARE

I notice the scene in front of the wall. Mrs Norris is petrified. "You've murdered my cat! You've killed her! I'll kill you!" Filch yells at Harry.

"Argus!" Dumbledore says sternly. Dumbledore had arrived on the scene, followed by a number of other teachers. In seconds, he had swept past Harry, Ron, and Hermione and detached Mrs. Norris from the torch bracket. "Come with me Argus. The same goes to you Mr Potter, Miss Granger and Mr Weasley" he says.

"The rest of you return to your dorms immediately" Professor McGonagall tells us.

"See you guys in class" I tell the boys. They nod their heads and I head for the dungeons. Draco appears beside me.

"I sent Granger a letter apologizing" he tells me and I smile gently at him. "You should be careful, with the Chamber open. It means the Heir of Slytherin has returned to Hogwarts and they'll be attacking muggle-borns. Along with anyone close to them" he tells me.

"I'll be careful, but I won't stop hanging out with my best friend" I tell him.

"Just be careful" he states as we reach the entrance to our common room. "Pureblood" he says and we enter the common room.

"I'm glad we're talking again, good luck with the match next week" I tell him.

"I don't need it, we'll crash Gryffindor" he states. "By the way, father will be coming to watch the match. Thought I should warn you" he adds.

"Thank you" I say giving him a hug. "Good night Draco, see you at breakfast" I state. Then go to my dorm and got ready for bed. Before calling it a night.

A/N

Picture above of the writing on the wall and a petrified Mrs Norris.