Summer 1994

Andromeda's POV

Father gave the go ahead for me to return to Hogwarts and I am over joyed. So is Draco. Though I think he just wants me helping him in homework again. I've decided what elective subjects to do. Arithmancy, Ancient Runes and Care of Magical Creatures. I'll share all of them with Hermione. And share two of them with Draco. As he has divination instead of Arithmancy. I promised to tell him about alchemy, he finds it fascinating.

Anyway, today I am going to Hermione's house. Father believes I am going to stay with a friend from Beauxbatons. Mum dropped me off at the Leaky Cauldron. I went to the book store and brought a couple of books. Before I returning to the Leaky Cauldron. Where Hermione was waiting with her dad. "Hermione!" I squeal and hug her tightly.

"Andy!" she screams hugging me back as he dad chuckles. We leave and he drives us to their house. "It's not big, like the manor you told me about. But it's home" Hermione tells me.

"I love it" I tell her with a smile. We go inside. To see her mum making lunch.

"Andy, good to see you again my dear" she says with a smile.

"Nice to see you again as well Mrs Granger" I say with a smile. "Crookshanks" I say with a smile as the cat enters the room. He jumps onto the counter and I give him a pat.

"Lunch is ready" Mrs Granger states. We all sit down and begin to eat. "So Andy, Hermione said you didn't go to Hogwarts last year. How come?" she asks me curious.

"I went to another wizarding school in France, as an exchange student last year. But I will be returning to Hogwarts this year" I state.

"What extra subjects will you be taking?" Mr Granger asks.

"The same ones as Hermione" I answer.

"Great, it'll be nice to have a close friend in Arithmancy and Ancient Runes" Hermione states. "Means I'll have someone to compare notes with" she adds.

"Any ideas of what you will do in future?" Mr Granger asks me curious.

"Not really, I really like dragons, but also want to learn more about healing. I'll make a decision next year" I state. The rest of lunch was nice. Hermione and I then go upstairs to her room. Where she tells me all about Sirius Black and about what really happened twelve years ago. "Poor Sirius, and now no one will know the truth with that rat MIA" I add.

"I'm sure Dumbledore will figure something out, he knows the truth" Hermione states.

"True" I say with a smile. "Think he'd accept letters from me?" I ask her.

"I'm sure he would, he has heard about you" she states. "Just address him as Snuffles" she adds. I nod my head. My time at Hermione's was fun. We did all our homework. Went swimming, shopping and even went to the cinema. Aunt Andromeda picked me up a week letter and took me to her house.

"Where are Tonks and Uncle Ted?" I ask.

"Both are at work" she states. "Andy, your mother paid me a visit yesterday" she adds as we sit in the lounge room.

"Really? That's great" I tell her.

"The reason behind it wasn't" she tells me sadly. "You know the mark on your father's arm?" she asks me.

"The dark mark?" I ask.

"Yes, it's getting darker" she states.

"Which means?" I ask.

"They believe he who must not be named will return soon. If he does, it won't be safe for you at your home" she tells me.

"But where would I go?" I ask her.

"Here of course, you'd be safe and still be surrounded by family" she states. "But do not worry about it now, lets enjoy our time together" she tells me. "What do you want for dinner?" she asks.

"Can we please have curry?" I ask.

"Of course, but I will have to go to the store to buy some ingredients. Do you want to come?" she asks me.

"No, thank you. I think I will stay here, I wanted to write some letters to people" I tell her. She nods her head and left. I go to my room and write letters to Draco, Harry, Ginny and Sirius.

Dear Snuffles,

We have never meet, but my best friend Hermione told me all about you. I am Andromeda Malfoy, but my friends call me Andy. I feel like we have a lot in common. Being from pureblood families that have been in slytherin for generations. But not belonging to that house ourselves.

Yes, I am in Slytherin. But it if not where I belong according to the sorting hat. I had asked to be put there, so that I would not be disowned by my family. But I am starting to see things differently now. I'd love to talk to you.

I am currently staying at my aunt Andromeda Tonks house. I know you can't risk being seen. But if you could write, I'd appreciate it a lot. Anyway, I hope you have a nice summer and your name is cleared one day.

Yours sincerely, Andy

I sealed them all and summoned my owl. "I know this says Snuffles, but it is for Sirius Black. I don't have his address. So please deliver it to Harry with his letter and Harry will send it to Sirius. Then deliver Ginny's letter and lastly Draco's" I tell her. She nods her head with a small hoot. Before taking the letters and leaves. In Harry's letter, I had asked him if he could deliver Sirius' letter, as well as how his summer is going. In Ginny's, I gave her a run down of my summer so far and asked how she is? Along with her family. In Draco's I just asked how things are at home and assured him I am happy.

Aunt Andromeda returned and I helped her make dinner. We finished it as Uncle Ted and Tonks returned. They told us about their day. After dinner, Tonks started teaching me a new spell. The Patronus charm.

After the Tonks, I went to Snape's house. I told him want extra lessons I wanted to take this year. He wrote it down and gave me my Hogswart letter. Which already had a list of the books I required. Guess Dumbledore had been in touch with Madame Maxine. Snape and I went to Diagon Alley to get my school books. I read them all and then returned home the next day. As the day after it will be time for the Quidditch World Cup.

A/N

Picture above of Hermione's house and picture on the external link of Spinner's end.