Quidditch 1991

Andromeda's POV

I was quiet happily doing my Transfiguration homework by the fireplace in the common room. When Draco drags me away from it and out of the common room. He dragged me outside to the quidditch pitch handing me my scarf, beanie and gloves. "Draco I have homework" I tell him.

"It's the first quidditch match of the season, Slytherin vs Gryffindor. You have to be there to cheer our house on" he tells me.

"You know I don't enjoy quidditch, so why drag me along?" I ask him.

"You've been disappearing a lot and I don't like it" he states.

"You aren't the boss of me Draco, I can hangout with my friends" I tell him.

"I never see you with anyone" he says confused. I remain silent as we join his goons in the stands. I put my beanie and scarf on, then my gloves. Though it's a nice sunny day, it's cold outside on the stands.

We watch the teams exit onto the pitch from the dress rooms. Madame Hooch had both captains shake hands before they took to the sky. She released the bludgers and snitch first. Then tossed the quaffle into the air and the commentator says "let the game begin!" Gryffindor takes possession first as Madame Hooch takes to the sky and circles the pitch.

"Angelina Johnson of Gryffindor what an excellent Chaser that girl is, and rather attractive, too" he states. I giggle Professor McGonagall scolds him. "And she's really belting along up there, a neat pass to Alicia Spinnet. A reserve back to Johnson and no, the Slytherins have taken the Quaffle. Slytherin Captain Marcus Flint gains the Quaffle and off he goes Flint flying like an eagle up there he's going to score. No, stopped by an excellent move by Gryffindor Keeper Wood. Gryffindors take the Quaffle that's Chaser Katie Bell of Gryffindor there, nice dive around Flint, off up the field and.  OUCH that must have hurt, hit in the back of the head by a Bludger Quaffle taken by the Slytherins that's Adrian Pucey. Speeding off toward the goal posts, but he's blocked by a second Bludger sent his way by Fred or George Weasley. Johnson back in possession of the Quaffle, she goes she's really flying dodges a speeding Bludger the goal posts are ahead, Keeper Bletchley dives misses GRYFFINDORS SCORE!" he shouts.

Gryffindors cheer as my house moans and howls in protest. I just sit there. Honestly I am a little disheartened my house didn't get the first goal. But most of my friends are in Gryffindor. So I don't really know how to feel, but I know I need to look disappointed if Slytherin loses.

I tune back into the match as Gryffindor scores their second goal of the match. Suddenly Harry's broom starts to act up and I frown. "Draco is that normal?" I ask him pointing to Harry and he laughs.

"Potter's lose control of his broom" he chortles.

"But how?" I ask him.

"No idea" he states and I take his binoculars. I look through them and look at Harry, then at the stands. I freeze when I see two people looking at him not blinking. One of them mouthing a spell. I frown why would Professor Snape jinx Harry's broom? I suddenly see smoke and it breaks both the professors concentrations. I look back at Harry who has regained control of his broom.

He zooms after Higgs (Slytherin seeker) who has spotted the snitch. Harry rams the Higgs, as the Snitch dives. Both seekers follow, but they approach the ground quickly. Higgs backs out, and Harry pulls up his broom as he follows the Snitch, feet above the ground. Harry stands up, and steps forward, trying to grab the ball. He goes too far, and topples off the broom with a yelp, tumbling on the ground. He gets up and lurches. Draco and I gasp with the ground.

"Looks like he's going to be sick" Draco chuckles. Harry lurches and the Snitch pops out of his mouth. It lands in his hands.

"He's got the Snitch! Harry Potter receives 150 points for catching the Snitch!" the commentator shouts in joy.

Madame Hooch blows her whistles and say "Gryffindor wins".

"No" Draco moans places his head in his hands as Gryffindor cheers. Harry raises the Snitch into the air and the crowd, and his team, cheers. The other houses chant 'Go go Gryffindor!' I slip away to return to studying. I so do not want to hear my brother moaning about the outcome of the match. Which he'll no doubt be doing fro awhile.

A/N

Picture above of Terence Higgs and Harry diving after the snitch. Picture on the external link of Andromeda's scarf, beanie and gloves.