Draco Finds Out

Andromeda's POV

"So the Philosopher stone if real and the three head dog..." I start saying.

"Fluffy" Hermione corrects.

"Yes Fluffy, is guarding it?" I ask her.

"Yes" she says nodding her head.

"Who names a three headed dog Fluffy?" I ask her confused.

"Hagrid" she states and I giggle.

"What else guards it? Something that important would need more then three headed dog to guard it" I tell her.

"There are enchantments made by five teachers and the headmaster" she tells me. "Professors Flitwick, Quirrell, McGonagall, Sprout and Snape" she adds. "It only remains safe as long as Quirrell stands up to Snape" she states.

"It'll be gone before the weekend ends" I tell her.

"Ron agrees with you there" she tells me. "We're going to see Hagrid tonight, do you want to come?" she asks me.

"Sure, I have nothing better to do" I tell her shrugging.

(After dinner)

I wrap my cloak around me and go to leave the dorm. "Where are you going?" Draco asks form behind me.

"Library, I have some last minute homework to do and need to go borrow a book" I lie.

"You're never late doing your homework" he says confused.

"I know, but I've been preoccupied" I tell him shrugging. "Don't wait up" I add and leave. Once I'm in the entrances hall I'm greeted by the other three. "So why are we going to Hagrid's?" I ask them curious.

"He's got a dragon egg" Harry whispers.

"And it's hatching tonight" Ron adds excitedly.

"What are we waiting for?" I ask them smiling. Harry throws an invisibility cloak over us and we leave the castle. We head down to Hagrid's hut and he lets us in. He's surprised to see me, but makes no comment. "So Hagrid how did you get a dragon egg?" I ask him curious.

"I won it! Off a stranger I met at the pub" he answers smiling.

"But what are you going to do with it when it's hatched?" Hermione asks him.

"Got this outta the library -- Dragon Breeding for Pleasure and Profit -- it's a bit outta date, o' course, but it's all in here. Keep the egg in the fire, 'cause their mothers breathe on I em, see, an' when it hatches, feed it on a bucket o' brandy mixed with chicken blood every half hour. An' see here -- how ter recognize diff'rent eggs -- what I got there's a Norwegian Ridgeback. They're rare, them" he explains.

"This is so exciting" I squeal as I look at the shaking egg. "It's happening" I tell the others. There were deep cracks in it. Something was moving inside; a funny clicking noise was coming from it. We all drew their chairs up to the table and watched with bated breath.

All at once there was a scraping noise and the egg split open. The baby dragon flopped onto the table. Its spiny wings were huge compared to its skinny jet body, it had a long snout with wide nostrils, the stubs of horns and bulging, orange eyes. It sneezed. A couple of sparks flew out of its snout. Making me giggle.

"Isn't he beautiful? Oh bless him look, he knows his mummy! Hello Norbert!" Hagrid cheers tickling the baby dragon's chin.

"Norbert?" Hermione and I ask him.

"Well he's gotta have a name don't he? Don't you Norbert? Te de de de de!" he sings and Norbert sneezes setting Hagrid's beard a lit. But he puts it out quickly saying he'd have to be trained. "Who's that?" he asks us looking out the window and we all turn to look. To see my brother, who dashes away towards the castle.

"Malfoy" Harry says as I say 'Draco'.

"Don't worry, I'll talk to him" I assure them and run after my brother. I catch up with him in the entrance hall. "Draco, please don't tell father" I beg.

"You're friends with blood traitors and a mudblood" he sneers.

"They're my friends Draco, they don't care that I'm a Malfoy or a Slytherin. They like me, for me" I tell him.

"And I don't?" he snaps. "I'm your brother Andromeda" he reminds me.

"I know, but they're my friends and if you tell Dad. I'll be disowned, do you want that?" I ask him and he relaxes.

"Of course not, you're my baby sister" he says gently.

"Then please don't tell anyone about Norbert and don't tell father about my friends" I beg.

"I won't tell father, but if you get hurt by that dragon. I'm turning it in" he tells me.

"Ok, thank you" I say hugging my brother.

A/N

Picture above of everyone crowded around the egg and on the external link of Draco.

Ps I won't update this story again until the new year.