Dueling Club

Andy's POV

So Dumbledore gave Lockhart permission to start a dueling club. I wasn't going to go. But Snape said I should go. As he will be helping teach the club. So I've come with Draco and standing next to him. "Three Galleons Snape deflects Lockhart's spell and hits him with a spell" Draco says.

"You're on, but I bet Snape disarms Lockhart before he can even do a spell" I tell him. He nods his head in agreement. Lockhart steps onto the stage set up in the middle of the great hall. While the house tables have been pushed to the side of the room.

"Gather round, gather round! Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent!" he says with a stupid smile. "Now, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little dueling club, to train you all in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions - for full details, see my published works. Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape" he says.

Professor Snape steps onto the stage looking annoyed. ""He tells me he knows a tiny little bit about dueling himself and has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration before we begin. Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. Uou'll still have your Potions master when I'm through with him, never fear" Lockhart tells us.

"I'm praying we lose our hopeless defense professor" I tell Draco and he nods his head in agreement. Lockhart and Snape turned to face each other and bowed; at least, Lockhart did, with much twirling of his hands, whereas Snape jerked his head irritably. Then they raised their wands like swords in front of them.

"As you see, we are holding our wands in the accepted combative position" Lockhart explains. They go to opposite ends of the stage and face each other wands at the ready. "On the count of three, we will cast our first spells. Neither of us will be aiming to kill, of course" he states.

"I wouldn't bet on that" Draco mutters to me. I nod my head with a giggle.

"One - two - three" Lockhart counts. Both of them swung their wands above their heads and pointed them at their opponent.

"Expelliarmus" Snape says.  There was a dazzling flash of scarlet light and Lockhart was blasted off his feet. He flew backward off the stage, smashed into the wall, and slid down it to sprawl on the floor. Draco and I cheer with the other Slytherins.

Draco places three galleons into my hand. "Thank you" I say smugly. He just rolls his eyes at me. Lockhart was getting unsteadily to his feet. His hat had fallen off and his wavy hair was standing on end. I giggle as Draco chuckles.

"Well, there you have it" Lockhart tells us as he climbs back onto the stage. "That was a Disarming Charm - as you see, I've lost my wand - ah, thank you, Miss Brown - yes, an excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind my saying so, it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy - however, I felt it would be instructive to let them see" he explains.

"Yeah right" I say not convinced. Professor Snape was looking murderous.

"Enough demonstrating! I'm going to come amongst you now and put you all into pairs. Professor Snape, if you'd like to help me" Lockhart says.

"I call dibs on Hermione" I tell Draco and rush over to my best friend. She smiles and we go off leaving Harry with Ron. But as we got our wands out. I see Snape put Harry with Draco and Ron with Seamus. Sucks for them.

"Have you dueled before?" Hermione asks me.

"Professor Snape has been teaching Draco and I the shield charm. Along with the disarming charm he used on Lockhart. His wand should of been knocked out of his hand, not send him flying" I tell her.

"Will you teach me?" she asks me.

"Of course" I tell her and we bow to each other. We start to duel with the other students. I disarm her on my second try. I return her wand to her when Lockhart calls for a time out.

"I think I'd better teach you how to block unfriendly spells" Lockhart states.

"I can demonstrate with Hermione professor" I offer.

"Thank you Miss Malfoy" he says. I hop on stage with Hermione. We bow to each other.

"Expelliarmus" Hermione says.

"Protego" I say deflecting the spell.

"Very well done, lets have another volunteer pair" Lockhart says. Snape gives me ten points for Slytherin as I hopped off stage with Hermione. "Longbottom and Finch-Fletchley, how about you" he says.

"A bad idea, Professor Lockhart" Snape tells him. "Longbottom causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending what's left of Finch-Fletchley up to the hospital wing in a matchbox" he explains.  "How about Malfoy and Potter?" he suggests.

"Excellent idea!" Lockhart says happily. Harry and Draco hop onto the stage. Draco goes to talk to Snape while Harry spoke to Lockhart. Who twirled his wand dropping it, the idiot. Harry and Draco are soon facing each other wands at the ready.

"Serpensortia!" Draco says summoning a snake from thin air. There were screams as the crowd backed swiftly away, clearing the floor. I look at my brother shocked. Why would he use that spell? He is suppose to disarm Harry, not try to hurt him.

"Don't worry Potter, I'll get rid of it for you" Snape says as he steps froward.

"Allow me Professor Snape" Lockhart says pointing his wand at the snake. "Alarte Ascendare" he says. Instead of vanishing, flew ten feet into the air and fell back to the floor with a loud smack. Enraged, hissing furiously, it slithered straight toward Justin Finch-Fletchley and raised itself again, fangs exposed, poised to strike.

Harry suddenly started to talk to the snake in it's own tongue. We all look at him shocked. He's a parsel mouth, did the others know? I look at Hermione and Ron, they look as shocked as the rest of us. I look at the snake to see it relaxing and Snape vanishes it with a wave of his wand.

"What do you think you're playing at?" Justin demands. Looking angry and scared. He leaves with his friends. Draco grabs my hand and drags me out of the great hall.

"Did you know?" he asks me.

"No and neither did the others by their faces" I tell him. "You don't think he's the heir? Do you?" I ask him.

"Not a chance in hell" he tells me. "His best friend is a muggle born, he'd never hurt one" he states. "He probably thinks it's me" he adds.

"That's stupid, sure our family has be in Slytherin for generations. But none in our family have ever been a parsel mouth. Which the true heir of Slytherin would be. As Salazar was a parsel mouth" I state. He nods his head. We go to the library and do our homework. Forgetting the club and about Harry being a parsel mouth. Focusing on our school-work.

A/N

Gif above of Snape dueling Lockhart and gif on the external link of Draco dueling Harry.