Vacation in France

Andromeda's POV

So it's been a week and mum & I are in France. Dad and Draco won't be joining us. Mum and I are here for the weekend. During which we'll be going to Beauxbatons for a tour of their school, I'll spend a day with Hermione and her parents. Then two relaxing mother daughter days. Until mum drops me off at Aunt Andromeda's. Dad believes I'll be at Professor Snape's again. But I'll be spending a week with Aunt Andromeda's family and we're going camping.

Anyway back to the present. "Are you unpacked?" mum asks me as I join her in the living room of our pent house suite.

"Yes mum, are you?" I ask.

"Yes" she says nodding her head. "How about we go to our favourite cafe and have some tea with a pastry?" she suggests.

"Love that idea" I tell her with a smile. We grabbed our coats and left the pent house. We caught the elevator down to the ground floor and walked to the cafe.

"Andy!" I hear someone shouts. I look over and squeal when I spot Hermione. I rush over and hug her tightly.

"I thought you weren't coming for another couple of days" I state as I pull away.

"We weren't, but a few seats became vacant on an earlier flight. We were offered them and accepted" she states. "Have you tried their crepes here?" she asks me.

"Yes, they're the best" I tell her with a bright smile. Mum clears her throat. "Oh where are my manners? Mum, my best friend Hermione. Hermione my mum Narcissa Malfoy" I say.

"Pleasure" Hermione says.

"The pleasure is mine Miss Granger, where are your parents?" mum asks her.

"At the hotel, mum sent me to get us some crepes" Hermione states as she is handed a take away bag. "Anyway, great seeing you Andy. See you in two days for our day out" she states. We hug again before she left.

"Charming girl" mum says. We get a table and orders. She had a slice of a tarte tatin and I had a crepe. We both had French Earl Grey tea, mine with a dash of milk in it. Afterwards, we went clothes shopping before returning to the hotel for dinner.

(Next day)

Our carriage lands at Beauxbatons and we get out. "Welcome Mrs Malfoy and Andromeda to Beauxbatons Academy of Magic" Madame Maxime says.

"Thank you for inviting us" mum tells her as I curtsy. Madame Maxime leads us inside.

"This is our entrance hall, on the walls around us are some of our most accomplished students from years past. In fact Nicholas Flamel went to this very school" she tells us.

"The famous alchemist who was friends with Professor Dumbledore?" I ask her.

"The very same" she says with a smile. "Now while here, you'll learn Charms, Transfiguration, Potions, DADA, History, Astronomy, Alchemy, Care of Magical Creatures, Arithmancy and Ancient Runes" she states.

"Alchemy?" mum asks.

"Yes, we found a new teacher for it. Argo Pyrites" Madame Maxime states.

"He's an author right?" I ask.

"Yes, he left England after the war. Due to his brother siding with you know who and giving their family a bad name. He came here for a fresh start. He learnt under Nicholas Flamel himself" Madame Maxime explains.

"I have heard of the family" mum states. Madame Maxime continues on with the tour. She showed us the class rooms, my future dorm room, the dining room, the stables and paddock.

"Now when you start here next year. An older student will be your guide, her name is Fleur Delacour. She'll be entering her sixth year next year. A quiet gifted student, very smart" Madame Maxime tells me.

"Does she know English?" I ask her curious.

"Her English is limited, but she is willing to learn. But you know fluent French, do you not?" she asks me.

"I do" I assure her.

"Then you both won't have a problem communicating" she states. "Now this is where we part, if either of you have any questions. Please feel free to owl me" she tells me.

"May I owl the Delacours? I'd like to meet the girl my daughter will be spending time with" mum states.

"Of course, here is her address" Madame Maxime says handing it to her. "She is excited to meet you both also" she states. Mum and I thanked her for the tour before leaving.

(Time skip)

Hermione and I had an amazing day. We went the Paris Disneyland Theme park and the Louvre. It was a long, but fun day. We went straight to bed after dinner, exhausted.

The next day mum collected me and we went shopping. Then went to the Circus. Before going to the cafe. Where we meet Fleur, along with her mother and little sister Gabrielle. Before returning to the hotel to pack our luggage. After that we enjoyed a quiet dinner.

We left the next day. Mum dropped me off at the Leaky Cauldron. Where Tonks collected me. We then went to her family's house. Where I told everyone about my trip to France. We had a family dinner and watched a muggle movie.

After a good nights rest we left for the Rocky Paddock Camp Ground. Where we stay for five days. It was amazing. We went hiking, fishing, swimming and horse back riding. Aunt Andromeda promised we'd do it again in future. Aunt Andromeda then dropped me off at Professor Snape's where I was collected by my father that night.

The rest of summer was pretty boring. Hermione was shocked to hear I was transferring to Beauxbatons for a year. But didn't ask to many questions. I promised I'd be back for our fourth year. And also said I'd try to convince my mum to let me visit for Christmas. Or at least for a small part of the Christmas holiday.

But I was diffidently meeting her in Diagon Alley to go shopping. And to help her pick out an owl before we returned to school. Anyway the Weasleys won some money and are in Egypt visiting their oldest son Bill. There was a photo of them in the paper this morning. I hope they were having fun. Harry seemed to be having a better summer then last year, though apparently his uncle's sister might be visiting. Good luck to him.

A/N

Picture above of Beauxbatons and picture on the external link of Hermione's parents.