Quidditch World Cup

Andromeda's POV

We're at the world cup. Both dad, mum and Draco are wearing all black. While I am wearing maroon to show my support to Bulgaria. We are in the top box, we had been invited by the minister himself. I'm surprised to see Harry, Hermione and Weasleys also present. Mr Weasley must have friends in high places to get such good seats.

"How are you? I don't think you've met my wife, Narcissa? Or our son, Draco? Or our daughter Andromeda?" dad says.

"How do you do?" Fudge says bowing to my mum and I. "And allow me to introduce you to Mr. Oblansk - Obalonsk - Mr. - well, he's the Bulgarian Minister of Magic, and he can't understand a word I'm saying anyway, so never mind. And let's see who else - you know Arthur Weasley, I daresay?" he asks.

It was a tense moment. As dad and Mr Weasley locked eyes. The last time they had meet had been in Flourish and Blotts' bookshop, and they had had a fight. Dad's cold gray eyes swept over Mr. Weasley, and then up and down the row.

"Good lord, Arthur" dad drawls.  "What did you have to sell to get seats in the Top Box? Surely your house wouldn't have fetched this much?" he asks.

"Lucius has just given a very generous contribution to St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries, Arthur. He's here as my guest" Fudge states. Obviously not hearing what dad had just said.

"How - how nice" Mr Weasley says. Dad eyes had returned to Hermione, who went slightly pink, but stared determinedly back at him. I knew exactly what was making dad's lip curl like that.He prided himself on being a pureblood; in other words, he considered anyone of Muggle descent, like Hermione, second-class.  So did Draco and mum for the most part.

However, under the gaze of the Minister of Magic, dad didn't dare say anything. He nodded sneeringly to Mr. Weasley and continued down the line to his seats. Draco shot Harry, Ron, and Hermione one contemptuous look, then settled himself between mum and dad. I gave my friends an apologetic smile, before sitting beside mum.

Ludo Bagman stands to announce the beginning of the match. Using a charm to ensure it can be heard through out the whole stadium. "Ladies and gentlemen. . . welcome! Welcome to the final of the four hundred and twenty-second Quidditch World Cup!" he announces.

The spectators screamed and clapped. Thousands of flags waved, adding their discordant national anthems to the racket. The huge blackboard opposite them was wiped clear of its last message (Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans - A Risk With Every Mouthful!) and now showed BULGARIA: 0, IRELAND: 0. "And now, without further ado, allow me to introduce. . . the Bulgarian National Team Mascots!" he says. Bulgaria had brought Veela and next was the Ireland mascots, leprechauns. He then introduced the teams and the match began.

"And it's Mullet! Troy! Moran! Dimitrov! Back to Mullet! Troy! Levski! Moran!" Bagman yells. It was Quidditch as I had never seen it played before. The speed of the players was incredible - the Chasers were throwing the Quaffle to one another so fast that Bagman only had time to say their names. It was clear even to me which team had better chasers and keeper. But Bulgaria had great pair of beaters.

As the match became still faster, but more brutal. Volkov and Vulchanov, the Bulgarian Beaters, were whacking the Bludgers as fiercely as possible at the Irish Chasers, and were starting to prevent them from using some of their best moves; twice they were forced to scatter, and then, finally, Ivanova managed to break through their ranks; dodge the Keeper, Ryan; and score Bulgaria's first goal.

"Cover your ears" mum tells Draco and he does so. Along with dad as the veela began to sing. After a few seconds, the veela stopped and they removed their fingers. The match continues on.

One hundred thousand wizards gasped as the two Seekers, Krum and Lynch, plummeted through the center of the Chasers. "They're going to crash!" I her Hermione shouts.  She was half right - at the very last second, Viktor Krum pulled out of the dive and spiraled off. Lynch, however, hit the ground with a dull thud that could be heard throughout the stadium. A huge groan rose from the Irish seats.

"It's time-out!" Ludo calls. "As trained mediwizards hurry onto the field to examine Aidan Lynch!" he states. Lynch got to his feet at last, to loud cheers from the green-clad supporters, mounted his Firebolt, and kicked back off into the air. His revival seemed to give Ireland new heart. When Mostafa blew his whistle again, the Chasers moved into action with a skill unrivaled by anything I had seen so far.

After fifteen more fast and furious minutes, Ireland had pulled ahead by ten more goals. They were now leading by one hundred and thirty points to ten, and the game was starting to get dirtier.  As Mullet shot toward the goal posts yet again, clutching the Quaffle tightly under her arm, the Bulgarian Keeper, Zograf, flew out to meet her. Whatever happened was over so quickly I didn't catch it, but a scream of rage from the Irish crowd, and Mostafa's long, shrill whistle blast, told me it had been a foul. Ireland was awarded a penalty shot.

In the end, Ireland won the match. But Krum from the Bulgaria team caught the snitch. It was a truly amazing game. I was a little disheartened, but it was still was an amazing game I won't soon forget. Draco and I returned to our tent with our parents.

(Time skip)

There is complete chaos. Dad had disappeared and not long after. A group of masked figures appeared torturing the poor innocent muggle family that own the camp site. How could anyone be so cruel? There were innocent children involved. It made me sick. Mum had Draco and I go wait in the woods. She said dad had gone to help the ministry, but my heart tells me he isn't. That he is one of the men in masks.

When Hermione appeared with Harry and Ron. I left with them, not wanting to be around Draco or in view of the mayhem. But not long after we left my brother. Harry announced his wand is missing, we tried to find it. When the Dark Mark appeared in the sky after a heard a male voice. Ministry officials appeared and tried to stun us. But we had ducked in time.

Afterwards, we returned to camp. An auror escorted me back to my family. I didn't look at my father or brother. "I want to leave" I tell mum and she nods her head. We hold hands and she apparates us home. I start to pack.

"Andromeda" she says.

"I can't stay mum, not after what dad did tonight" I tell her. "I'm disgusted to call him that, how would he feel if someone did that me or you?!" I demand. Tears streaming down my face. "I can't bear to be in the same house as him anymore" I state. She pulls me into her arms and hugs me tight.

"I love you so much my darling daughter" she tells me. "Go to your godmothers. If you wish it, change houses at school. Know that I am proud of you no matter what and I will always love you" she states.

"I'll love you and Draco always too" I tell her. She helps me pack. Then sent my things to Aunt Dromeda's. I flooed there aunt Dromeda meet me. She held me as I sobbed in her arms. Telling her about what happened at the world cup. She said I was welcome to stay for as long as I wanted. She helped me unpack my things and I call it night.

A/N

Pictures above of the pitch and the dark mark. Picture on the external link of Draco and Lucius Malfoy.