With a wave of his hand, the Alpha extinguished the fire and her grandparents returned to their wolf forms. They all gathered and headed deeper into the woods. Xael watched her boys leave until they were out of sight. She could see her Alpha's shoulders relax before he hugged her. "Let's go home babe."

"Mn!"

Walking back to the cabin, their new pups were already settling in with their new momma. Both of them were snuggled in her arms, fast asleep.

Back inside the safety of their home, it was still early in the morning.  Adam put more wood on the fire as Xael laid down with the still sleeping pups. He knew all of the emotions she had felt earlier had worn her out. She curled up around the small furry bundles, her tail still protectively covering them up. Adam kissed her on the head as a soft whimper and soothing purr came from her. Stress and high states of emotions were just not something her body dealt with around and after her heats. She had no doubt passed right out once she was someplace safe.

Adam needed to have a seat also to digest everything. Sitting next to his Mate, he rested his back against the couch. Four words kept playing through his head.

'Great Alpha and Luna'

Great Alpha. How was that even possible. Nothing about him previously said Great Alpha. If his Great-Grams knew, then why didn't his dad and why had he never said anything. Adam looked around for his phone, it was on the couch cushion behind him.

"Grandmother."

"Adam. If you're calling me again, you must have talked to them?"

"Yes."

"Good. You two can come by anytime"

"As soon as Xael wakes. Can we bring some little guests with us?"

"Of course!"

"Thanks Grams."

"Mn. Breakfast will be ready when you get here."

Hanging up the phone, he pinched the space between his eyebrows. Xael felt her Mate's slight tension and woke up. Her senses were even more sensitive than usual.

"Adam?"

"Hey babe." He leaned over and nuzzled her with a soft growl. "Get dressed as best you can, we're going back to my Grandmothers. You can bring the pups."

"Okay."

Xael left the pups with Adam as he played with them on the floor. He gave them a little water and a piece of sandwich meat and stood with them on the back deck for them potty. Surprisingly, the little ones stayed within eyesight as they romped and played in the yard. Another quick break for pottying then more play. This time Adam was the one that had strong arms snaking around him from behind. Xael rested her head on the back of his shoulder, her soft, warm ears tickling his skin. He relaxed against her as she was strong enough to support his weight.

"How you feeling babe?"

"Still tired and overwhelmed. I can't believe my boys have Mates and Pups. Not only that but, Adam? They gave me one of their pups!"

Turning around, tears were in her eyes again and she was pressed against him. Soft sobbing coming from her. The pups picked up on it immediately and stumbled up on the deck and ran over to their momma. One of the little ones grumbled, unhappy that she was crying. She knelt down and picked him up as Adam picked up the other one.

"I'm okay little one."

"Now we have to pick names for them.  And you two little stinkers need baths!"

"I know." 

It was Adam's turn to go change, leaving Xael on the deck with their pups

It was Adam's turn to go change, leaving Xael on the deck with their pups. The two went back to playing and exploring and more pottying as Xael looked on like a proud wolf momma. She couldn't help but link her boys again. Sending them another heartfelt thank you and letting them know that she loved them dearly. They both acknowledged her in their own way. 

Watching the young ones play, she could tell by the size of their paws that they would grow into large and imposing wolves, just like their daddies.