Ch. 35 - The Holy War

Chapter 35 - The Holy War
I step out of my room into the hallway and when I turn around from closing the door behind me, I can see Elizabeth standing in front of her room and looking at me as if she has been waiting for me. She wears new clothes as well but it's not an armor but close to the outfit I met her in thousands of years ago. It's a white dress with a pink jacket and boots.  "Elizabeth, you look really cute in your new outfit but I still think you shouldn't join us" I say when I reach her.

"You all have fought for me and the kingdom so hard and often already. All I want to do is help.  I don't want anyone of you to get hurt any more."

A warm smile forms on my lips when her kind words touch me deep. "You really haven't changed in all this years. Now, what's that you wanted to talk about?"

She looks at me with from surprise widened eyes but then giggles. "Really can't hide anything from you" she says with a smile but it fades just seconds after. "There's something I want to ask you for."

"I guessed. But what's it?"

"Please promise me to take care of Meliodas. I don't want him to suffer any longer. Please, make sure to break the curse someday."

"Whoa, Elizabeth!" I say shocked and put up my hands in defense. "You're not dead yet! Please, don't say something like that in front of me."

"Yami, please" she begs me with tears in her eyes. "I don't want to loose him! But if his heart is going to break more and more..."

"I know!" I say to cut her off. "I... Really, I know. And there's nothing I want more than the two of you to be finally freed from this curse. But you still have weeks to live so who knows if we can't break it together."

Elizabeth grabs my hand and our eyes meet. "We both know I have a month at most. It may just as well be that I'm more likely to die. Maybe even today. I just want to make sure he has someone who takes care of him."

I grind my teeth from the tension and look to the side in shame. Even if I promise Elizabeth to take care of them both today, it is true that time is against her. And to be honest, I'm scared for her and Meliodas too. "I'll always be by his side."

Elizabeth nods at me thankfully and gives me a warm smile. Suddenly, we hear footsteps walking up the stairs and Meliodas waves us a big smile. "Hey you two, what are you doing here? We have some guests downstairs!"

"Guests?" I ask confused. I know that we sent the Holy Knights away to protect the castle this morning, so who else could it be?

"Come downstairs and find out" he says and looks at Elizabeth with loving eyes. "Elizabeth, you look beautiful."

Ignoring how Elizabeths cheeks turn red, I walk past my cheesy friends and down the stairs but I can hear that they follow me right behind me. When I reach the main floor and turn around the corner, no one is inside and I turn my head to look at Meliodas in confusion but he gesticulates with his head towards the door. When I push the door open and step outside, I can see everyone in their new armors and they look really good. But then my eyes see two people that don't belong here. "You?" I ask surprised.

The two new members turn around surprised and look at me questioningly. "You're the woman that saved Meliodas" one of them says as he seems to remember me.

"And you're the two members that replaced the empty spots in the Ten Commandments. Drole and Gloxinia, am I right?" They both nod and take a closer look at me as when we saw each other last time, I kind of kicked their asses. "Now, I don't see any sign of your commandments. Does that mean-"

"Yes, we gave back our commandments" says Drole and smiles slightly. Just now, I can see that their black eyes are gone as well.

"They're here to fight with us" says King proudly.