Ch. 10 - Defeated [e]

Chapter 10 - Defeated
Estarossa takes Meliodas' sword and I hold my breath. I'm equally shocked and surprised that he was able to block Meliodas' attack so easily. An uneasy feeling creeps upon me when I look into his cold, emotionless eyes through the sphere. All of sudden, Meliodas stumbles backwards and lands on his back. Princess Elizabeth and I call his name in accord, forgetting the fact that he can't hear us for a moment.

"Hey Meliodas, the truth is, I'd rather die than do something like this" says Estarossa as he walks closer to his older brother.
Fine then. Do us the favor,
I think as I grit my teeth and stare at him angrily.
Estarossa places his left foot on Meliodas' chest. "You understand, don't you?" He now shifts his weight onto his left leg and presses his foot some against Meliodas' chest. Meliodas moans in pain and spits out some blood. "It's because I love you" says Estarossa when he presses some harder. He leans down to Meliodas to have a better view at his suffering and grins slightly.

"That's not part of the plan, is it?" King stutters.

"In what kind of universe does this look like a plan to you?" Ban scolds angrily.

"For a moment there, I was nervous about what might happen. So well done, Estarossa" says Melascula.
Holy Sh... What happened to her?
  She looks so creppy!  I think when I have a closer look at her.
"Gloxinia, your timing was perfect. Would you fix my body?" she asks the other Commandment.
"I suppose. But after this I shouldn't use Droplet of Life for a while" says Gloxinia and then he heals the female demon, making her look like before.

"Hey, Estarossa" Derieri steps in. "Bottom line, are you sure?"

I look at Derieri, startled. She hesitates. After all those years, she still hesitates.

"I've been sensing a strange gaze focused on us. It's very likely that it's Meliodas' party" says Monspeet.

"Shit... He knows about us!" I exclaim.

"The question is, can we afford to leave them alone?" Monspeet asks. Derieri nods and surprises me once again. If her friend knows we're watching them, why does she holds him back?

"The Seven Deadly Sins, huh? Meliodas' new comrades" says Estarossa and leans down to Meliodas, stopping only inches from his face. "When will you betray them? The same way you, the leader of the Ten Commandments, deserted the rest of us?"
All of his friends startle in shock and stare into the sphere in disbelief. I feel a few incredulous looks on me but can't concentrate on them right now.
Oh, Meliodas... I'm sorry that your friends have to find out like that...

"The strength and callousness you showed back then was devastating. Everyone recognized you as the one fit to become the next Demon King. Even we were helpless against the Goddess race but they feared you and tried to avoid you. You were my idol, as well" continues Estarossa his speech and then lifts up Meliodas by holding onto his neck. "But then, you unexpectedly betrayed us, wreaked havoc on the Demon Realm and vanished. After murdering the two Commandments who were with you, that is. Until Drole and Gloxinia joined us later on, you left two empty spots in the Ten Commandments. The balance maintained between the Demon race and the Goddess race was shattered and seeing it as their chance, the Goddess race incited the other races to eliminate the Demon race once and for all."

Meliodas gets chocked by Estarossa and tears run down my face as the memories of the past return. "It was you who started that war 3.000 years ago." Estarossa leans in closer to Meliodas again. "Tell me... How do you come up with such delightful ideas?"

"No way..." says Gilthunder in disbelief as the three Holy Knights stand together. Doubt and shock are written on his comrades' faces and the tension is clearly palpable when his friends don't know what to believe.