Ch. 18 - What The Heart Wants [e]

Chapter 18 - What The Heart Wants
Diane and King finish telling us their story and their friends begin to ask all kind of questions, so I decide it's time for me to leave the room. I feel like I need some fresh air to get my mind off. I'm happy that Dianes memories are back and that her and King are stronger now. Also, her and King are finally together, which is the greatest news I've heard in a while. But I don't like the idea of her and the real Gowther talking, just shortly after I went to see him. What if he has told her anything about me and she just kept this informations from the others? I get shivers just thinking about it. I don't want anyone to know about Zeldris and me just yet. If we're really going to fight against each other, I don't want them to think I'm hesitating. Of course I don't want to fight against Zeldris but I'll do whatever is necessary to protect the kingdom and Elizabeth.

I can feel my demonic power inside me grow stronger and trying to break free and immediately know that we're getting closer to any kind of demons. "Mama Hawk, please come to a hold!" I shout and get up on my feet. Just seconds after, Meliodas and his friends step outside.

Meliodas looks up at me, a worried expression on his face because I made Mama Hawk stop. "What's wrong, Yami?"

"I can sense something" I say and my friends face gets serious and he joins me checking our surroundings. "There!" I say and point to the sky, where eagle-like demons are flying towards us.

"You're ready to kick some demons asses?" smirks Meliodas and we all spread out to fight the enemies. 

"Now, that was good" says Meliodas after we're back on Mama Hawks back and whipes the last bit of demon blood off his face.

"Captain, were you really ready to fight again?" asks King carefully and with worry.

"Why shouldn't I?" giggles Meliodas. "Nothing's better than a good fight. Well, except for some good ale. What do you think? Should we toast on our first fight together again?"

Ban laughs and pats his friend on the back. "You really know what we want, Captain. But let me check on Elaine first" he says and walks inside already.

"We should check up on Elizabeth as well, what do you think, Hawk?" Meliodas aks the pig, who finally joined us and nods. 

"Did she get hurt?" asks Diane worriedly.

"Meliodas, you haven't told them?" I ask surprised and Meliodas glares at me angrily, making me take a step back in shame. Once again, I should have just kept my mouth shut. I watch everyone walk inside and decide to stay outside. I don't want to hear about the curse laid upon Meliodas and Elizabeth again and I don't want to see the pain in his friends eyes, knowing I am the reason the couple has to suffer once again.
I'd do everything to free them from the curse his father and Elizabeths mother laid upon them but I can't. But what I could do was make sure it didn't repeat again. But I failed. From now on, Elizabeth had just one more month to live. 

Time passes and it's late afternoon already. I'm still sitting outside, watching our surroundings pass by, whilst Mama Hawk is coming closer to the kingdom Liones. It feels good to leave the Seven Deadly Sins alone for a while and let them be the group they used to be before I appeared.

"Hey Yami, why don't you come join us inside?" I hear Dianes voice and turn around to see her walking towards me. I haven't noticed her joining me.

"I feel more like staying outside" I say and turn back around but the giant, that's thanks to Merlin human-sized again, sits down next to me.

"And I feel like it's just half of the truth" she says. "What's wrong with you? You seem so sad."