Ch. 28 - Best Friends

A/N: Hey everyone! It's my birthday today and to celebrate it, here's another early chapter. It's something like a filler anyway that represents the history of Meliodas' and Yamis strong friendship. It's also supposed to explain what Meliodas really knows about Yami and Zeldris.
(Btw, I'm already writing on the final chapters... I'm so sad to end this journey sometime soon :( )
Have fun reading and don't forget to comment and vote if you like the chapter! -Xx

Chapter 28 - Best Friends

3.000 years ago
A strong pain ran through my body. Everything around me was black and I discerned nothing but the pain that was floading through my body. Where did it even come from? I tried to focus to find the source of my suffering but my whole body felt heavy and painful. But I had to find out what was wrong with me and where I was.
Suddenly, I felt something. A touch. Where did it come from? I felt it again and slowly realized that something or someone touched my head. I finally wanted to know what was going on and tried everything in me to finally regain control over my body.

My eyes fluttered open and I looked into beautiful green eyes and at messy blonde hair that surrounded the face of the person leaning above me. A hand caressed my forehead and hair. I let my eyes wander back to the green eyes that shined even brighter and looked like emeralds as they filled with tears that instantly began to run down the face.
"Hey... What's wrong?" I breathed out in a quiet voice. My throat felt like burning because it was dried out and I gulped from the pain.

But I didn't get an answer so all I could do was keep laying where I was and look into these green eyes as the person continued to cry. "I'm so happy you're here" is all the person said after what felt like minutes. Oh, Meliodas.... What has happened to you?

Trembling, I lifted up my arm that felt really heavy and moved my hand through his blond hair until I reached his ear and then let it slowly wander it along to his cheek, touching his face very softly

Trembling, I lifted up my arm that felt really heavy and moved my hand through his blond hair until I reached his ear and then let it slowly wander it along to his cheek, touching his face very softly. My fingers stopped for a moment as we just continued to look into each others eyes, before I let my hand continue wandering along the side of his face. With my thumb, I stopped his tears from running down. "Are you okay?"

Another time, I didn't get an answer. Instead, his tears became more and he began to sob. It was the only sound to be heard in the room. His tears dropped onto me and soakened my clothes but I didn't mind. I was in terrible pain but seeing my best friend in a state like that just broke my heart. I really wished I could take his pain.
His sobs became louder and suddenly, he wrapped his arms around my neck as good as possible, before he burried his head in my neck, crying into it. I winced in pain for a brief moment but then moved up my heavy arms to hug him.

"I'm sorry" he mumbled into my neck when he realized that I was still in pain but I didn't mind. I just held Meliodas close until he was done crying.

"I'll check up on your wounds" he said sometime later and moved away from me and I knew he was trying to stop his breakdown. I watched him walk away from where I laid and grab some stuff before he walked back to me. "Here" he said and held a glass of water in front of my face. He slowly moved it down to my mouth so I could take a few sips and I felt my throat to get better immadietely. He placed the glass aside and grabbed a clean linen sheet. "I need to check up on your head now so you need to sit up a bit, okay?"