Ch. 25 - A Day Off

A/N: Hey everyone! Sorry for the late update, I had a very long workday yesterday and went to bed right after I got home and had dinner. I was just too exhausted.
First of all, I want to thank you all for your feedback on my story. I'm writing stories and stuff for way over 10 years now and sometimes I don't seem to find the right words. And I don't think I can find the right words to show you what your words mean to me. There isn't a day I don't re-read your feedback and smile about your kind words. I'm amazed by how much you appreciate this story and it makes me so happy and proud. I can't thank you enough. ❤️
Second, I haven't decided on what to do. November seems to be really stressful. But I think that when I'm done writing (I'm on Chapter 30 right now), I will publish more often because I can't wait to share every new chapter with you all.
Hope you enjoy this new chapter. :)
---

Chapter 25 - A Day Off
I was already wide awake but didn't feel like getting up this morning. So when the door to my room got opened, I was very aware of these familiar footsteps that walked closer until they stopped in front of my bed. Without lifting my gaze, I saw the metal boots and the end of the long white uniform of my best friend before he kneeled down so I could look at the rest of him. His strong, muscular arms moved closer to me as he put one of his hands to my face, moving the black wisps of my hair out of the way.

"Happy New Year, Yami" he said softly but when he saw my face, his eyes widened

"Happy New Year, Yami" he said softly but when he saw my face, his eyes widened. I have to admit, I must've looked really sad back then. Meliodas had promised me after so many years in the demons world,  that he'd bring me to the humans world to see the fireworks I always loved so much. But in the end, he didn't come. "I'm sorry. I know I let you down." 

"It's okay, Meliodas" I said and sat up on my bed to face him better.

"Your face says something different" he sighed and nodded at the empty space next to me. I nodded to tell him it's okay if he sits down next to me and so he did. A sad smile formed on his lips and I could see how sorry he felt. His view wandered down from his face to my hands and he moved his left hand and placed it softly on mine. "I wish I could make it up to you."

I remembered last nights events and how Zeldris found me, waiting for Meliodas. He sat down next to me and we talked to each other until he offered to go to the humans world with me and everything that happened afterwards. I couldn't help but smile a little about the closeness I began to share with Zeldris. "You know" I said to Meliodas "last night wasn't that bad. And I'm sure you'll find a way to make it up to me" I giggled.

♦♦♦

Meliodas had left the castle again just a couple of hours later as there seemed to be another job for him to do and I wished there was something to do for me, too. I spent the entire day at the castle, trained my powers or spent the time in the kitchen to cook for the three brothers and me. But to be honest, Meliodas' jobs weren't only dangerous but really brutal as well. He was only following the demon lords orders and from what I knew about him, he was a brutal and heartless creature, what always made me wonder how his sons could be so kind sometimes. Especially Meliodas was the absolute opposite when he was around me. And I always wondered how he could leave the castle to kill other races and creatures just hours later.
I didn't expect his brothers to still be here, so I just stayed in my room, when I heard an unexpected knock on my door. "Yes?" I asked and when the door opened, I could see the raven black hair that belonged to Zeldris. "Zel? You're still here?"