Ch. 30 - The Chaos Inside Us

Chapter 30 - The Chaos Inside Us

Zeldris stays for some longer but eventually there comes the time he has to leave. We sneak out of the window and climb onto the roof, just like the last time. He's leaving some hours earlier this time to make sure no one sees him.

"Remember to stay safe, okay?" he says softly and caresses my cheek.

I can't help but laugh. "There's only one danger and it's standing right in front of me."

Zeldris smirks and looks at me playfully. "You are into bad boys, hm?" he says in a rough and sexy voice and I bite my bottom lip, trying to resist the temptation right in front of me. Zeldris realizes the effect he has on me and laughs. "It's so easy to make you speechless, I should have known that way earlier."

"You make it really easy to say goodbye to you" I say and roll my eyes, freeing myself from his grip but he laughs once again and holds onto me tighter and pulls me back into his arms to hold me really close.

"Goodbye, Yami. Can't wait to see what outfit you'll wear the next time we meet" he says and winks.

"Oh my...!" I scold and hit him in the chest before freeing myself for good. "Goodbye, Zeldris" I say and cross my arms whilst giving him a judging look for his cheeky behaviour.
Zeldris laughs and spreads his wings. He looks so strong and powerful right now and I just stand there in awe. He smirks, winks at me and then leaves the place. 

I climb back into my room, undress myself and climb under the sheets that still smell like Zeldris. I love it so much that a big smile forms on my lips when I close my eyes to enjoy the thought of him being so close to me. I remember every time he touched me and it almost feels like he still lets his hand wander along my body. I know things can't go on that way but for now, all I do is enjoy the moment.

I wake up just a few hours later, way before everyone else. The Boar Hat is still filled with silence. The morning sun shines through the window and bathes the room in warm orange and red tones. It's a little bit cold in the room because the window has been open for so long and I'm freezing a little.
I quickly grab my clothes and hurry to the bathroom to get ready for the next day, not knowing what's going to happen.

When I get downstairs, Meliodas is already behind the bar and cleans the few used mugs from last night. An unfamiliar silence fills the room when he looks up and our eyes meet.

"Hey Meliodas" I greet my friend and try to not show the astonishment over the clearly noticeable tension.

"Morning, Yami. You're up early" he says but his voice is cold and emotionless.

"Am I?" I ask confused and hope to loose up the mood because I don't know why Meliodas is acting kind of weird.

"Haven't you slept well? Or haven't you slept at all?" Meliodas asks me and basically derogatory spits out the last words of his sentence. I look at him startled but he's not done yet. "A special visit needs a lot of attention, especially if it stays that long, doesn't it?"

I just keep standing at my spot and try to understand what he's talking about but then it finally hits me. He knows that Zeldris has been here last night. "How do you..." I mumble and feel myself turn all pale.

"Maybe I should ask you why" says Meliodas with a voice as cold as ice. His eyes are narrowed to slits from which he looks at me furiously. At the same time, he slowly puts the clean mug and the dishtowel out of his hand. With his hands, he grips the edge of the counter and I hear his fingers dig into the wood as he tries to control himself. I have never seen him so angry and tense towards myself and it sends an ice cold shiver down my spine. "How can you be so stupid, Yami?" he scolds at me in a raised voice.