Ch. 13 - The Prediction [e]

Chapter 13 - The Prediction
I hear noises coming from the door and slowly lift my head from the corner of Meliodas' bed where I fell asleep onto. Hawk walks up to me. "He really doesn't stop keeping women in his bedroom, huh?" the pig says, trying to light the mood with a joke.

I chuckle and stretch myself. "I guess I stayed longer in here than I planned to."

"Will he be okay?" asks Hawk as he puts his forelegs on the corner of the bed, looking at his friend.

"Of course he will, Sir Hawk" I say and pat his back. "You know, Meliodas is much stronger than you think. He just needs some time."

"I've seen him being hurt before but he was always back on his feet just shortly after" says Hawk worriedly.

"Don't worry about him" I say but feel just as worried. It's taking him a couple of days already and he hasn't even woken up once.

Hawk looks at me and nods. "The others are downstairs. I think they need a leader."

"And you're thinking about me?"

"After all, you're a less pervert female version of Meliodas."

I can't help but laugh at his words. "Thanks for keeping an eye on our creep" I say and push myself off the seat and follow the pig downstairs.

"Good morning, everyone" I say but find only Merlin, Gowther, Ban and Escanor downstairs. I remember that Diane and King have left again and the Holy Knights Gilthunder, Howzer and Hendrickson are back in the castle. I let my gaze wander along the group and tilt my head to the side as I look at the Lion Sin. "Hey Escanor, those glasses really do their job, don't they? You haven't changed at all!"

Escanor simply nods. "Do you feel any better Lady Yami?"

"I'm all good. How about yourself?" I ask and he nods a second time to tell me that he's fine. I smile at him but then see the serious look on Merlins face. "What's going on, Merlin?"

"The King of Liones invited us to the castle. Seems like he had a new vision."

"Okay, go then. I'll hold the line for so long" I say but none of Meliodas' friends move.

"The invitation concerns us all" says Merlin sternly, looking straight into my blue eyes.

"But ... what do I have to do with it? The king doesn't even know me."
Merlin just sighs, strained by my discussion. I understand. At least once in my life I should just listen to her. So I nod. "Okay, when do you want to start?"

◊ ◊ ◊

"Sir Hawk, you have a moment?" I ask the pig just before we leave to the castle.
Hawk walks up to me. "What's up?" he asks.

"I want you to stay in the Boar Hat" I begin and he already opens in mouth in shock, ready to discuss with me but I stop him. "I don't want to leave Meliodas alone and I trust you to watch him, you understand? It's really important to me."

"Why don't you say that right away" Hawk grumbles at me but then nods. "You can count on me."
"Of course I can" I say with a smile and hug the piggy.

◊ ◊ ◊

We enter the castle of Liones together and the guards at the gate simply step aside when they recognize the left members of the Seven Deadly Sins. Still, a hint of confusion is written on their face, wondering about the missing 3 members. Inside the castle, I discover Gilthunder, Howzer and some other Holy Knights. I even spy the Holy Knight I last worked with and his eyes widen once they meet mine. My heart(s) feel heavy when I realize how much time has passed since we last saw each other.
We enter the royal hall, where the king is already sitting on his throne, awaiting us. His three daughters are standing next to him, sorted by age. Elizabeth is on the far right of him and her looks go soft with affection when she sees us. I greet her with a gentle smile.