Chapter 4

BENS POV:

Ben woke up the next day earlier than usual. He had a meeting today with his generals and lieutenants.

Ben made himself lazily get up and dragged himself from his bed. He went to the refresher and did his hair and everything else, making sure he didn't look hideous.

He then put on his usual tunic and looked in the mirror, his eyes drifted to the scar Rey branded him.

The thought of her woken him up a little bit more. He wanted to check on her before he left for his meeting.

Ben quickly left his room and walked across the hall to hers. He put in the pin for her room, in which only he knows, and quietly entered. Ben scanned around the room in front of him, but he didn't find her. 

She must still be asleep, he thought to himself.

Ben then quietly stepped towards her bedroom door and opened it slowly, just enough to poke his head through.

His gaze softened as he saw her asleep peacefully. He noticed how her sheets were not covering her fully.

Ben quietly walked over to her and gently brought up her sheets to her chin. He saw her slightly shift in her sleep. He sucked in a breath hoping she didn't wake.

She stopped moving and laid still again.

He sighed with relief and quickly left her room before he wasn't able to.

As he walked down the corridor, he couldn't keep his mind off of her. He cared for her, he was worried for her. 

After so many years of brutal training, pain and agony, he finally felt a reason to love again. He never felt this way ever since he was a little kid.

It honestly felt good.. right.

As he entered the meeting room he sat down and waited a few more minutes for his lieutenants and generals to arrive. He tried to change what he was thinking, but he couldn't.

Maybe Rey was right, maybe he was on the wrong side after all this time. Maybe if he can somehow can get away from this war, away from this terrible life and live on a peaceful- undisturbed planet, he can finally have peace.  

Of course, he wouldn't do anything if Rey wasn't ok with it. He wouldn't want to force her into anything. The fact of running away with her excited him. Leaving everything behind.

"S-supreme Leader?"

Ben looked up and saw all his generals looking at him, "Right, let's start and get this over with, I have places to be.."

~~~

Rey woke up nice and warm. The thick sheets covered her entire body. She pressed herself more into the bed, trying to fall back asleep.

"Hello! How did you sleep today?"

Rey's eyes opened widely as she saw her medical droid near her bed. She cleared her throat, "Um quit well, thank you."

"Oh that's good, I turned on the heater in your room so you can stay warm. The finalizer can get a bit chilly in the morning sometimes."