Chapter 21

THIRD POV:

A week had passed since Padme was born.

Rey named her a day after she was born. Rey wanted to name her after Ben's great-grandmother, Padme Amidala. He told Rey about her when they were still on the destroyer together. Rey thought the name was strong-willed and beautiful.

Rey was now healthy and strong, have been getting better every single day. The disease was now completely out of her system.

Rey had never been more happier. Rey wanted privacy for her daughter and herself so she moved out of the bunkroom and into a nice, modern home at the far end of the camp near Leia's quarters.

Leia visited Rey so many times, congratulating her and giving her many helpful tips. Leia loved her granddaughter and her future daughter-in-law.

Rey loved Padme. She fed her daily and made sure she slept good. Even though she hadn't noticed it yet, Rey had become very protective of her, wanting to make sure she was safe and well. When it was the end of the day, Rey and Padme slept in Rey's bed. Rey would wake up at least once or twice at night to make sure she was ok.

Rey was one of the best mother's to ever have.

It was now the afternoon and Rey was in her bed, sitting up, holding Padme in front of her. Making soft, warm gestures toward her to make her smile or make little noises.

Rey gently let her fingers run through her daughter's hair. Her dark, soft curls reminded her of Ben. She smiled and kissed her daughter's cheek and gently held onto her as she made a bottle of milk for her.

Rey laid Padme down on the bed, making sure pillows were around her, before using the force to hold up the bottle for her as she drank.

Rey gently smiled whenever Padme made little noises whenever she would eat. She loved it. But not only that, but her scent. God! Rey loved the smell of Padme, it made her heart flutter.

(ok but seriously baby smell is the best uwu🥺✋)

Once done, Rey gently twisted the bottle out of Padme's mouth and put it on the counter and burped her. 

Rey hummed a tune when doing so until she finally did burp. Rey then laid her down on the bed and went to go grab her blanket.

Then..

She felt it.

The feeling she hadn't felt in so long. Rey turned her head and saw Ben.

"Ben.." she whispered. He turned his head almost instantly and saw her. Rey saw him give off a shaky smile of relief, tears forming in his eyes as he came forward and hugged Rey tightly.

"I thought I lost you," he said as he leaned his forehead against hers.

Rey then placed a hand in his hair and kissed him, "I would never leave you.."

He smiled, "Rey I-"

Rey turned away sharply from him as she heard Padme about to cry.

That was another thing about her. Padme would always fuss if Rey was not near her. That was one of the reasons why Rey was protective of her.

Rey quickly walked over to her and picked her up. WIth a gentle and sweet voice, Rey calmed Padme down.

Ben on the other hand only saw little of what was happening. Rey's back was turned, "Rey? ..Can I see her?" he asked softly.

Rey turned around slowly and walked towards him with Padme still in her arms. She gently handed her over to him as she stayed nearby.

Ben looked at Padme as he held her, "She's gorgeous," he breathed, "Her name?"

"Padme.." Rey said softly.

He nodded as he looked back at her. He saw how much she looked like Rey. Her eyes, and nose to be sure. One thing he noticed was the dark, curly hair.. his hair.

Ben held her close as she looked at him. He gently came forward and kissed his daughter's forehead. Padme cooed softly before starting to fidget.

Rey took her back but pressed herself against Ben for comfort, "I missed you," she finally said,

"I missed you too, I'm trying my best to try and see you again," he said softly as he leaned his head against hers, "I'm trying to convince the others to have a peace treaty with the Resistance."

That alarmed Rey, "Can you really do that?"

He nodded, "Yes but it would take a lot of discussion and decision making." he breathed.

Rey felt the connection start to sevre. She pressed even closer to him, "I don't want to leave you," she sobbed.

Ben kissed her softly, "It's ok my love, I know we will meet again," he then very gently kissed Padme's temple and Rey before sadly drifting away as the connection broke.

Rey stood there sadly as a tear streamed down her face before she completely turning her attention back to Padme..

Heyyyy hope u enjoyed, ok bye!! (im thinking about breaking ur guys heart in the next chapter or the one after the next) ok bye-!

In a galaxy far, far, away,
        -Kira<3