Chapter: 36

"You are free to leave"

The guild members lift their heads in confusion doubting their ears, looking at the little girl who sits casually looking down at the kneeling assassins.

She didn't emit any terrifying killing intent like before as if the storm was finally calmed down, instead, it feels like they are in the presence of a Lord they need to obey.

"I won't force those who longed for freedom"

Lucy who stood behind Grizel glanced at her Lord and smiles, she is the one who understands the meaning of freedom the most, she could feel the indescribable happiness among the members who found light in their dull life, but...

Freedom is like a vivid dream for these assassins, once reached, it disperses and left nothing but emptiness.

Neither friends nor family exists for them, nor roof to live, what was left was the sins and the blood-stained hands, who would want to employ a killer without a slave seal to ensure their safety, to live and work they will only be enslaved once again.

It was far too late for a normal life, changing their way of life is easier said than done, even if they moved to somewhere far away and conceal the identity of a former killer to live in a brand new environment, the violent habits will still haunting them around.

Moreover, they refuse to accept the society that betrayed and sold them to the dark side of the world, likewise the society that refuses to welcome the sinners out of fear.

Without the slave seal, they wouldn't be trusted since Humans are such fragile creatures who are easily swayed by their emotions.

"But..."

Grizel added to interrupt the abrupt saddened atmosphere of the people who lost their future since exposed as Rogue class awakeners.

"You are free to stay either"

Though their lives pretty much revolve around slavery, however, there is someone who could shelter these former assassins without the slave seal, someone who is far stronger as the same Rogue Class awakeners compared to them, and need no such a cheap thing as a slave seal as a guarantee.

The members of the guild look at the little girl who sits with her leg crossed busy tapping her finger to the armrest, behind her were a woman in her early twenties and a young man that seems like just reached adulthood, both of them stood still guarding their master who sits on the throne-like chair casually.

"And you can stay without the slave seal"

They were startled disbelief by her words. Keeping them without a slave seal is like petting wild beasts without a cage, it needs more than mere trust, confidence, or bravery. Though it's not impossible for the one who could dominate the beasts like her.

She is like a new ray of hope for those who lost their future as former assassin slaves.

"I want to talk about the employment contract with those who choose to stay, the rest are free to leave now"

4 people started to stand up and bow before leaving in hurry hiding their pale faces, Levi opened a little hole in his barrier that envelopes the whole building after Grizel permits him to do so, she has planted her illusion seed in them and will be activated whenever they step outside of the barrier.

3 of them will forget everything happened in the bar, what they remember is the guild master was assassinated and they are freed, except for one person, a man with greenish hair and ebony eyes, he will remember every detail of tonight's nightmare for the rest of his life.

In contrary to Grizel's prediction, out of 89 members, only 4 wish to leave, 62 choose to stay, and the rest of 23 members are on missions that probably prefer to flee when they realize that the slave seal is gone without knowing the situation of the guild.