Chapter: 68

"Your Highness, where were you going? Don't you know our paperwork was tripled thanks to His Grace the grand counselor's disappearance"

Dion bursts out and whining on the floor as soon as Rex entered his work office, the other talented aides which were personally selected by Grizel greet him with huge eye bags on their faces as well, fortunately, they are not as messy as Dion who looks like a beggar than the Crown Prince's first attendant.

Even though Dion and the other aides are fully aware of the Princess's eccentricity, they never think the one behind this kidnapping case is none other than that demon lord.

"Hold it for several weeks, when everything is ready, we will announce the death of the current Grand counselor, and immediately hold an assembly of the nobles for the election of the new Grand counselor"

"..."

Judging from the Prince's calm tone, Dion is quite sure he knows the truth behind this kidnapping case, but for someone who's always been by his side, this bold move is not the Prince's style of dealing with the trashy nobles.

Then...

Ba-thump!

Ba-thump!

Dion's heartbeats become chaotic in anxiety, there only someone who has the guts to kidnap such a big figure without fearing any of the consequences.

"Your Highness, is it perhaps..."

Dion and the others are hoping for 'No' as the answer, but fortune seems like to stay away from their miserable life as the Prince nodded helplessly, once again they were victimized by the Princess's tyranny.

Sob...

Sob...

"I... I don't know anymore whether Your Highness married to a Princess or a disaster, I get panic attacks every time I heard about Her High-"

"Stupid Dion, Sshhh!!!!"

Rex panicked by Dion's complaint as he abruptly covered his attendant's loose mouth with his hand to hush him, but to no avail.

A melodious voice of a little girl rang through the office from the Crown Prince's blue necklace, it was stupid to badmouth behind the devil's back as she could hear all of their conversations thanks to the magic pendant.

"Hhmm... A disaster? Panic attack? Ah! What a good idea"

She chirped happily, except for the prince, the gloomy faces of his aides turned into pale blue, they know exactly who is the owner of that melodious voice, especially Dion who seems to get struck by panic attacks for real.

Well...

He fvcked up.

"It was Dion, I have nothing to do with his complaint"

Rex averted Dion's pitiful gazes as he shamelessly offers the soul of his most trusted aide to the devil.

"Oooh? That complaint is giving me the idea to deal with these crowds though, Thank you Dion"

For the first time in his life, instead of feeling good, he feels a bad omen after hearing that grateful phrase, little did he knows that his complaint was really helpful to the Princess, though...

He will regret it.

-•-

Covered with a long robe and an illusion to disguise, Grizel is standing absent-mindedly staring at the grandiose fountain surrounds by the statue of mermaids, as the trademark of this lively port city, this fountain swarmed by a lot of people doing business in every corner of it.