Chapter: 47

"Aaaah~ this is life, when the soft breeze passing through my soul and the joyful strolling beneath the warm sunlight..."

"I...."

"am..."

"freeeee..."

"Yahooooo~"

Dion shouted like Tarzan spinning and twirling around the Prince annoyingly with a wide grin on his high spirited face, it's all thanks to the capable Aides selected by Grizel, they finally finished all the paperwork a day right before the engagement party.

Though bothersome, as a Prince, Rex is doing another inspection around the capital city to make sure everything is alright and nothing bad happens to affect the party tomorrow, disguised himself as a normal passerby accompanied by the irritating Dion and the drowsy Nine, they are finally free from the gloomy office for the first time since a certain troublemaker's arrival in the capital.

Bump!

The twirling Dion lightly bumped into the Prince who stopped abruptly in the middle of the way.

"Young Master!"

Dion called, seemingly peeved by the sudden halt, he couldn't say the usual 'Your Highness' when they are in the middle of the town disguising as commoners yet do not dare to directly call the prince's nickname either.

"You shouldn't sto-"

Before he could finish with the complaint, Rex asked him while frowning upon the sight of the main street in the capital city.

"I think my eyes are playing a trick on me right now, the town seems... Empty?"

Rex looked at the usually lively main street, it's not as hollow as a deserted place since there are still plenty of people who are doing business or working, but compared to the normally noisy road with tons of carriages passing by and the roaming crowds at the market, the decrease amount of the people is visibly significant.

"No, young master. The people are definitely lesser than normal"

Dion added as his bubbly attitude vanished entirely replaced with a serious expression knowing something is amiss about the people.

"They seem too calm for it to be another kidnapping case, there is no uproar"

They looked at the people who are doing their things normally, even though the empire's intelligence department is busy focusing on the movement of the traitors and the Western continent, with these many missing people, it should've been exposed, yet not a single news comes to the palace.

"Hhmmm"

With a mumble, Rex agrees with Dion. All of the people seem to behave like nothing, there is no trace of fear on their face in case of crimes was the reason for the decrease of the townsfolk.

"What?!"

A middle-aged man shouted in front of a blacksmith shop not far from where Rex, Dion, and Nine are standing. The 3 of them glance at the source of the voice in unison.

"I am sorry but I am here merely as a shopkeeper to serve the costumers who want to take their finished orders or to buy the ready items, as my master, the blacksmith is working out of town for several months, we won't take new orders in the time being"

A youth explained while bowing to apologize in front of the shop, looking at his messy appearance and the black stain everywhere while holding a worn-out hammer, he seems like an apprentice of the blacksmith but still has no courage to take orders from the customers by himself.

"Ugh, not this again... even in the capital I can't find one"

The middle-aged man heaved a sigh of disappointment, this is another blacksmith shop which refused him for the very same reason.