Chapter: 25

Bam!

Someone has barged into Grizel's chamber abruptly when she was enjoying her tea on the veranda with Lucy and Levi serving her.

Levi frowned in annoyance while Lucy almost shouts in anger but choose to quell it when she looks at the culprit, it was her Lord's precious personal maid, Emma.

"M-miss, the Archduke is calling you"

Emma said without any permission from Grizel to speak nor enter the room.

'How insolent! It's good that your role is reaching the end, when the time comes I'll take turns with Levi to tortu-, no, I mean to interrogate you'

Lucy and Levi glance at each other, and as if could see Lucy's plan clearly, Levi nods with a small smirk.

"Thank you, Emma. Please let them know I will be there in a moment"

Because this is Grizel's first actual meeting with the Archduke after 10 years, she needs to be presentable enough.

-•-

Grizel walks on the corridor wearing a beautiful yet modest black and white dress, the side-braided silver hair makes her look like a graceful doll even without any touch of makeup.

She could hear the commotion in every corner of the mansion, the gossiping maids along with the worried eyes of the workers.

Grizel peeks at the huge glass window, she could hear the horses' shrieks leaving the mansion with 5 men wearing Azure Empire formal uniform.

'The convoy of the Imperial messenger arrived earlier than expected'

Grizel thought they would be arriving at noon today, but the sun didn't reach its peak yet.

Knock! Knock!

"Come in"

A cold voice could be heard from the inside of the room, the head Butler opened the door for Grizel and welcome her with a slight bow.

"Thank you, Sir Roze"

Grizel thanked the old man while smiling warmly. The Archduke is sitting behind his fancy wooden work desk didn't bother about her arrival still reading the letter in his hand with a serious face.

"Greetings, Your Grace"

Grizel bows and greets the Archduke in courtesy, doing her maiden etiquette gracefully, she did it far better than the other noble daughters taught by the elite instructors.

The Archduke, Diablo Brent Von Belial, the man who obsessed with Belial bloodline more than anything.

After finished reading the letter from the Imperial family, Diablo lifted his head and widen his eyes in shock when his gaze meets with Grizel's, with a shaky voice he started muttering her first name.

"Lager...tha?"

He called awkwardly, ironically, everyone called her Miss Grizel, yet her own Father didn't know her nickname, but Grizel never once called him Father either.

"Yes, Your Grace"

Grizel's voice is still calm, there is no trace of hatred nor fear.

"You... Are a pure-blood? How could I wasn't aware of it...Urgh!"

Diablo groaned in pain holding his head that felt like going to explode, it's always hurt every time he tried to remember his daughter as if something purposely gets in the way of his thoughts with a sudden burst of memories over memories like a broken record flooding into his head.