Chapter: 60

"Did you heard His Majesty was in a rage and fired all the servants who served Miss Belial at the capital?"

A chatty merchant talks to his customers, the capital was noisy since morning with the hot topic regarding the first appearance of Miss Belial at the engagement party yesterday night.

"Yeah, I heard it at the shop I went before, apparently most of the servants who served Her Highness were spies sent by the Belial's political opponents, they were the culprits who spread nasty rumors about the innocent child"

"What a pitiful young lady"

"I feel bad for her Highness"

The other customers added, a lot of people who heard the news can't help but show their concerns to the Crown Prince's fiancee since this innocent Miss was the victim of those greedy nobles' schemes.

The rumors spread like wildfire thanks to the workers who were on duty at that party gossiping here and there promoting the kindness of the new Princess like a salesman.

It's all began when the Crown Prince gave those servants a few days day off to enjoy the triumph in the capital of Azure right after the party as a token of gratitude.

Most of them are spending time wandering and enjoying the market while bragging about the future Crown Princess, overthrowing the nasty rumors surrounding her since they witnessed the kind-hearted young Miss almost sacrifice herself to heal the Prince with their own eyes, not to mention the Princess' friendly attitudes to mere lowly servants and how brave she is in front of the arrogant nobles.

The Princess is a gracious maiden with the power of healing and the heart of Saintess, bravely upholds righteousness and stand against discrimination.

It doesn't take long for the supports of this engagement to flow like a river, congratulatory gifts, flowers, letters, flattery, and blessings were sent to the Palace endlessly.

Giving those servants a few days off worth the result expected by the cunning Prince, the culprit behind the rumors.

"Her Highness? Is it okay to call Miss Belial like that since she wasn't officially married to His Highness yet"

Another woman in her thirties asked because the title of 'Her Highness' can only be used for the Crown Princess, the legal wife of the Crown Prince after the official wedding ceremony.

"Don't you know that both His and Her Highness were bestowed the Azure Heirloom at the party?"

"Oh my goodness, isn't it wonderful news? We were promised such a wonderful Emperor and Empress in the future"

The crowds seem happy to hear the news after knowing the truth about the future Crown Princess, the cheerful atmosphere filled the air and blows through the whole continent except for several people...

-•-

Bam!

A hurtful hit of the belt once again landed on the back of a cowering little girl as she cries louder, her fancy soft pink dress was ruined and the beautiful coral hair is now messy.

"How could I have such a disappointing child like you, Lily"

A huge man shouted in anger venting all of his frustrations towards his only daughter who once was most beloved.

"What a useless tool"

Bam!

"F-father, I'm sorry, I'm sorry"

"I'm sorry"

"I'm sorry"

She replied the same line again and again like a broken record with a shaking voice, crying in pain, couldn't believe her doting father suddenly became this abusive, that party is the start of her miserable life indeed.