Chapter: 9

"Is it that hard for the famous Phantom to erase a sleeping little girl?"

The name Phantom is the only thing that was written in the novel about this woman, and no more information about her or the mastermind behind her actions, except for the fact that she was a top-notch assassin.

Surprised by the sudden interruption, without a second thought the assassin's hand moves by her wild instinct, she points out her sharp dagger to the source of the voice in reflex.

Unexpectedly, at the tip of her shining dagger, the angel stood still in serene-eyes looking at her directly without even budge her small body.

Her shimmering blue pair of glassy eyes and the long silky white silvery hair waving softly by the gentle breeze comes from the window beneath the moonlight.

Stunned by the breathtaking views of a living doll, she let down her guard.

"Wha-"

Before she finished her words, Grizel uses her utmost speed to get on behind her back and knocked her out, even the top-notch assassin can't follow her sudden move.

Thud!

An unconscious assassin fell on the floor, Grizel just hit her lightly because this female assassin needs to wake up soon after Grizel took all her belonging and hidden weapons.

It will be nice to have a chat without any of those.

-•-

In the novel, this event was briefly mentioned, the villainess Grizel has a trauma of darkness and loneliness because of an assassination attempt a week right after her 6th birthday.

But there is something amiss about the story of the novel, it was said that the assassin failed to kill the sleeping Grizel and was killed by a passing maid instead, and the guards who come later only see the aftermath of the scene, a maid holding the crying Grizel and the body of the died assassin.

Back in the time when Angela read the novel, she was confused with the assassin strange behavior, it should be done quick and easy to kill the lone sleeping Grizel, or when she deals with the passing maid, it was nonsense that a top-notch assassin died in the hand of a mere maid and failed to kill a harmless little girl.

For whatever reason the assassin doing it, Angela, no, Grizel was certain of one thing.

Since the beginning, the assassin has no intention to succeed in the mission.

"Urgh..."

A painful groan heard in the spacious chamber, she touches her back neck that was hit. Looking at her surrounding, she felt weird waking up in the unfamiliar fancy room.

"Wait, this..."

She abruptly getting up and searching for something at her back but found nothing.

"Your dagger is in my possession"

Grizel said to the startled assassin, her wariness forced her to stand in a defense position by reflex, ready to protect herself even without any weapons in hand.

"W-who are you?"

She asked in a stuttering voice, her memory was vague a moment ago but all is clear when she recognizes Grizel's feature, this little girl was the one who knocked her out with inhuman speed.