Chapter 1

Okay, so this is the sequel to Just Say The Word. It take place two months after the last book ended so don't get lost. It's going to be pretty clear what has happened over the past two months. Just be patient and Vote and Comment. :)

Pic's of Lance.

Chapter 1

Lance's P.O.V.

Memories of Mackenzie waded past me, constantly reminding me of her absence. She was gone from my life, almost completely. Memories of her would keep her alive in my heart until I couldn't remember anymore. That smile, that laugh, oh how I missed her. She was my best friend and the love of my life. How could anyone ever replace someone like that?

"Yo! Emo kid! Could you pass us the ball?" That voice was one of many that I could die today, happy to never hear it again.

I kept walking, ignoring the dumb jock and proceeding on to my next class. There was a tap at my shoulder. "Bro, are you deaf? I asked you to pass me the ball."

I turned to face the big pack of meat for brains and glared with as much animosity as I could muster. He looked shocked for a moment before laughing in my face. "Dude! Can. You. Hear. Me?" He waved his hand in front of my face like I was some type of strange new breed of human who didn't know how to communicate. It was true that I hadn't really been communicating much these last two months, but come on..I'm not a dog.

I pulled my fist back to punch the jerk when he stepped in.

"Jake, stop. Leave the poor guy alone."

The jerk, Jake, rolled his eyes and stepped back. I released my fist. "Man, why do you always stick up for this little wimp? Huh?"

Liam Alexander shrugged his shoulders. "Only doing what's right." He started walking my way and his group of jock followers stayed closely behind. As he walked past me, he muttered, "Plus, I owe him."

I scoffed and bumped his shoulder while walking down the hallway. I didn't need him to defend me. I didn't need anybody! And he sure as hell didn't owe me anything. He owed Mack, He owed her for making her do what she did. He owed her for not caring enough to come to her rescue. He owed her for killing her.

I made a quick turn down the hall, deciding that I didn't want to go to class after all. Graduation was right around the corner anyway and it's not like I could undo all the work Mack put in to make sure I kept my grades up with only two months left of school.

"Oof!"

"Sorry." I leaned down to help some girl pick up the books I had just knocked from out of her hands, not paying attention.

"It's fine, really." She was smiling from ear to ear. "I'm Luca,.I'm new here." She extended her hand as we both stood straight up. I stared at it. "Okay, well, you're not a very social person. I get it. But um, maybe you could find some time to maybe show me around a litt-"

I walked off. She was taking too much of my time talking to me. I had somewhere else to be that I needed to be to calm me down. Seeing that self-centered, egotistical, insensitive ass had my blood boiling. He was the reason Mack was where she was right now. He was the reason Mack was gone to me forever. God, I had to get out of here.

Liam's P.O.V.

I knew Lance hated it when I defended him. I think that's part of the reason I did it. That and the fact that he had been there for Kenz when I hadn't. He had helped her when I shunned her. He was there for her to show her someone loved her when I didn't. He deserved Mackenzie, but I took her away; stole her heart then crushed it in my bare hands. I was a selfish prick who should've been the one to die. I'd honestly give my life today if it meant that Kenz could live. It should've been me.

"Liam!"

My head snapped up, almost injuring my neck. "Yeah, what?"

"I think you should go home..clear your mind." Luke had become my best friend in all this. We had known eachother since we were twelve but he had just recently transferred to my school.

I studied his face, making sure he had the best intentions at heart. He was the only one-besides Lance- who knew about why Mackenzie killed herself.

He gave me a reassuring smile. "Go ahead man. I'll keep the guys in check." He added a meaningful look at the end so I knew that that meant Lance was safe from the guys today.

Lance. He just wouldn't leave well enough alone! He picked fights with my teammates every chance he got, leaving me to protect him from their wrath. It's so hard protecting someone who doesn't want to be protected.

I decided to just drive home and relax; try to get my mind right. Every encounter with Lance left me like this. Was it mean of me to say that I just wished he would leave the school-the state- and stop reminding me of Mackenzie so I could forget her and move on?

"Liam?" My mom's voice called up the stairs.

I sat up in my bed and tussled my hair before answering. "Yeah mom?"

I heard her footsteps start to travel up the stairs. They didn't stop until they were outside of my doorway. "Liam, sweetie," she sighed.

I looked up at her to see what I despised most: pity. "Mom, don't do that."

Her eyes were teary. "Don't do what, Liam?"

"That," I growled. "That thing right there, that pity." I was standing now, directly in front of her. "Don't treat me like some child whose dog just died. I'm a man."

She shook her head, trying to keep the tears from overflowing. "I know this is all because of Mackenzie, Liam. It's ruining your life! Why would she do this to herself? To us?" The tears began to fall.

"Don't even act like you care," I sneered. "You just miss having a shopping buddy." Lies. "You never really cared about her." Lies. "You only care about yourself because you're a horrible, selfish bitch!" Ultimate lie.

A door slammed and suddenly my father was in my doorway. pushing my mother out of the way and grabbing me up by my throat. "You wont talk to her that way, do you hear me?!"

Red stained my vision. How dare he after everything he's put her through? I wanted to voice my opinion, but my oxygen supply was depleating fast.

"Jesse! Jesse stop, please!" My mother cried out. I didn't hear much else because the darkness came in, blinding me and deafening me. I passed out.