Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Makayla's P.O.V.

I hate her. I hate her for whatever she put Lance through. I hate her for being like me to the point that Lance can't tell the difference. Who does she think she is? She hurt Lance. Lance is the only friend I have. He cares about me....or her. I don't know which one of us he sees when he looks at me. Sometimes I feel like he's just using me to feel close to her. Mackenzie. She had to be stupid to abandon Lance of all people. He's kind hearted and caring. He loves her. I know he does. He doesnt say it but its written all over his face every time he looks at me. I wish he saw me for me instead of her.

Nurse Arna came into my room, interrupting my thoughts. It had been almost a week since Lance last visited me. He tended to only come on Thursdays but every once in a while he would drop by sooner or later. "You have a guest, Makayla."

I felt the smile coming on. Lance was finally back. "Really? Who is it, Arna?

"Its your sister."

It wasn't that I wasn't happy to see my sister. I mean, she had been there for me ever since my accident. She was the equivalent to a best friend..not that I had many other options. I was just really looking forward to seeing Lance again. I wasn't myself last time he was here.

"Kayla." My sister walked in, smile present. Melody was really beautiful. She was wearing her hair down and in curls. I always liked it that way. Her dress was a violet color and paired with a black belt and black combat boots. Her style was amazing. She normally dresses me up when she comes seeing as how I'm not allowed to leave the hospital.

"Mel," I called out to her. She laid out two big shopping bags that read off Sephora and Forever 21 across my bed. "What you got for me?"

She didn't answer me..just opened each bag and pulled out all the contents. The Sephora bag contained a bunch of assorted makeup while the Forever 21 bag contained three new outfits.

"Yay! Makeover time?"

She nodded. "We can model for the nurses."

While we were preparing for our makeshift fashion show I decided to be a good big sister and invest some time into my sister's life. "So what's going on with that guy that you like?"

She ignored me to the fullest.

"Kace was his name?"

"Drop it, Kayla. He's going after someone else."

Who would choose someone over my sister? She's beautiful, smart, and motivated. "He's an idiot."

She shook her head. "No, he's great. The girl is amazing and innocent and kind. She needs someone like him way more than I do. She's going through a really tough time." She wouldn't meet my eyes.

"Well who is she? Did I know her?" I knew there was a blank spot in my memory. I'm not stupid.

"She's no one. You didn't."

Melody got touchy when we spoke of the past. "Well what's her name? Maybe I knew her and you didn't know I knew her."

"You didn't."

"Mel, it's just a name."

"Her name's Kat!" Then she looked away from me, anger and frustration in her eyes.

I never knew how to deal with her when she flipped out on me. "I'm sure she doesnt deserve any more of anything than you do."

Melody seemed to calm down after that. She even sent me a half smile. "Thanks."