Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Makayla's P.O.V.

All eyes were on us....like literally. It made me feel like a celebrity- not in the good way. It was more like TMZ just busted me for camel toe and a million cameras were going off in my face. Okay, so not that bad but bad enough. I glanced over at Liam to see how he was handling it. He seemed to not even be paying attention.

"They're staring at us," I whispered out of the corner of my mouth.

He followed my lead and whispered back. "You're supposed to be dead."

I frowned. "Well I'm not," I replied.

He rolled his eyes. "Obviously."

I couldn't hold back my smile. He was a blessing in disguise. Seriously, the kid was amazing. Granted I barely knew him- fractured memory and all that, but what I had witnessed so far today was a really great person. I could understand why I dated him in the first place...what the old me was thinking. He was honestly probably my other half.

We got to a lunch table and my nerves hit me a bit. What if my old friends couldn't take the new me? What if they didn't want to deal with fractured memory Kayla?

Liam calmed mtg worries slightly by grabbing my hand and giving it a gentle squeeze. "You're okay Kenz-Kayla. I'm sorry."

Him too? What was with everyone getting the two of us mixed up? "Not you too."

"I'm sorry," he apologized again. "She-We were friends too. I just..It was...Sorry."

I shrugged, already over my twin sister and her memory that I apparently had to live up to. "Whatever. It's chill."

Glancing at him out of the corner of my eye he looked like he wanted to reply but two guys approached the table. "Friends?" Liam gave me a slight nod. "I don't remember names...or personalities for that matter guys, so sorry." I figured it was best to just start off with that.

Liam seemed tense beside me, but I ignored it. The skinnier of the guys...the one with the gray eyes spoke first.

"Incredibly blunt now are we?"

I squinted my eyes at him. "Was I not before?"

He maintained eye contact with me. "I guess you could say that."

I shrugged. "Well, no memory, new me."

He chuckled. "Indeed. I'm Clark. You once called me a pretentious asshole before taking it back after you realized what a heartthrob I was."

I giggled. "Somehow I don't think that's how that went."

He began sitting down. "Eh, close enough." I think I'm going to like him.

His friend, the buff guy, had yet to sit down. He instead was engaging in an intense stare down with Liam. Guys..

"I'm Kayla." I stared at the guy, who reluctantly broke eye contact with Liam. He remained silent. "This is the part where you say 'Hi, my name is' fill in the blank." He just stared at me. "Wow, tough crowd."

Liam relieved some of the tension. "Riley."

Riley responded with a curt nod. "Liam."

Geesh, what was with these guys? They're meant to be friends, not enemies. "Am I missing something here?"

As I spoke those words, a dark haired girl approached Riley and latched onto his arm. "Babe," she greeted him. He actually broke his hard exterior for a second when she touched him. "Lets not make a scene."