insecure

Louis sighs as he looks into the mirror. He starts to actually believe what the boys say about him and his tummy. He's always been insecure about his weight but since they started to make fun of him about it, it's only worse. And maybe he really is getting fat.

He sighs again and puts on some sweatpants and a hoodie from Harry, loving that it is way too big for him and hides his ugly body perfectly. He makes his way downstairs, wondering if Harry is up already. He swallows when he walks into the living room to get to the kitchen and sees Niall, Liam and Zayn, who immediately turn over to him.

"Oh hey. Wearing Hazza's clothes to make yourself look thinner?", Zayn greeted him rudely and Liam raises an eyebrow at Louis, who just looks down.

"Good morning...", he mumbles and hurries to the kitchen.

"Sorry, it doesn't actually help.", Niall whisper-shouts after him. Louis just makes himself even smaller and forces a small smile when he sees Harry in the kitchen, humming to himself and making some tea.

"Morning, Lou.", Harry greets Louis as soon as he notices him in the kitchen and gives him a bright smile. Harry doesn't exactly know what the other boys say and do to his best friend (and secret crush) and sometimes when he hears a part of it, he just brushes it off as some stupid banter.

Lately he's noticed Louis being generally less happy then usual and the fact that Louis wears loose clothes – most of them from Harry, which is something Harry actually likes – only shows him that Louis is maybe not as fine as he always assures.

"Want some tea?", Harry offers and changes Louis' fake smile into a real one. Louis nods and Harry smiles too, handing Louis a cup of tea.

"I see you like my clothes?", Harry asks jokingly and chuckles quietly. He loves seeing Louis in his clothes but he thinks it's just Louis in general who always looks stunning. Louis knows Harry probably only means it in a friendly, playful way but he's just so done already, not having know that the boys would be over and having to deal with their comments already again.

"Well, sorry that I just really like your clothes and that I am too fat to wear my own.", he says sarcastically. Harry is speechless and furrows his eyebrows as Louis turns around and quickly leaves the kitchen, heading back to his bedroom, next to Harry's. They've both happily lived in the same flat for quite a few years now and Louis would never expect Harry to just invite the others without even telling him. That's just not something the Harry he's used to would do.

Harry quickly hurries after Louis, the others giving him strange looks as he almost runs through the living room, but he doesn't even notice them. He reaches Louis just before the latter can close the door behind him.

"Louis.", Harry says almost breathlessly and maybe he should have thought about what he'd say now.

"What?", Louis snaps. He doesn't want to be rude to Harry but he jut kind of wants to be alone now and just go back to bed. Yes, Harry, really should have thought about what to say now. But when he sees a tear slip out of Louis' eye, rolling down his cheek, he pulls Louis into a tight hug, without even thinking about it.

The smaller boy slumps against Harry and all he wants to do is to pull away but he can't, he's so done, has enough of all this teasing and making fun of his tummy. Harry rubs Louis back gently, trying his best to comfort him. Louis buries his face in Harry's chest and tries to stop his tears. Louis Tomlinson doesn't cry. At least not in front of others. Having Harry hold him helps a little but it also makes him feel more pathetic, because who is he kidding.. he is fat.

Harry guides Louis further into the room and closes the door behind them before he leads the older boy to the bed and sits down, pulling Louis on his lap and keeping his arms around him. Harry gently runs a hand through Louis' hair, wondering what made him so upset but he doesn't ask.