Karim and Tawfiq's face were hard set.

Their lives in exchange for everyone else. They had to give up everything to Yasmine and Hamid to ensure no one was hurt.

All the veins in Tawfiq's face were standing out as he gnashed his teeth together in anger.

"Your plan will backfire. There are people who know me more than you think. They'll never believe anything like that. No matter what."

"Unfortunately, your best friend isn't available to help you out this time."

Tawfiq glared daggers at her. Did she mean Dean?

"What did you do to Dean!?" He growled.

"Oh be quiet. I just sent him on a wild goose chase. He and his wife, I'm told can be very dangerous to my plan so I ensured they'd not be available."

"I swear to God if you..."

"Blah blah blah. Take the damn phone!"

"There's no way I'll let Hamid out.."

"Jafar. Bring the house down..."

"NO! Wait!" Tawfiq shouted in slight panic.

Karim's heart was beating so fast he felt it would fall out of his chest.
This wasn't the plan. And why was Zaira taking so long. Did she turn on them? Did she use the opportunity to run off?
She could have. Karim was sure she could have done that. She was that evil.

"Is there something you want to say first before I bring down your house on everyone?" She arched her brow.

Tawfiq ground his teeth together hard before releasing a breath through his mouth.

"I'll make the call. I'll give you whatever you want. But you'll not hurt Karim or anyone else." Tawfiq wasn't going to allow Karim or anyone else die.

He'd give up anything before that. Royalty didn't matter if they were all dead. His family was more important than being king. Or letting Hamid go.

"You don't make the terms here. Your son has seen me. I can't risk him on the loose. He's also crown prince. I'd get a competition. You brought him yourself. That's your problem. Both of you have to go or you'll watch as everyone else goes down right in front of you." She fixed a free hanging hair behind her ear.

Tawfiq remembered she had long hair years ago before he left to the states. When he came back, she was a hijabi. Now her hair was in a short wavy style which barely reached her shoulders. She was very indecisive.

"He won't interfere. I can assure you." Tawfiq tried to get Karim out of the mess.

Zaira should have caused the explosion already but it hadn't happened. If the explosion didn't happen, they couldn't get a distraction in order to get the kids away from them. He should have never given her even an iota of trust.

"You'll be dead. You won't know that. He has to go with you, Tawfiq."

"Yasmine pl..." Tawfiq almost pleaded to spare Karim's life but Karim stopped him.

Karim stopped his dad from begging someone like her because of him. She was on a lower level of low. He'd never let his father stoop to her level to beg. Just for him.

"Dad, no. I'm fine. I don't care. Whatever it takes to protect the family, I'll do it." Karim stood firm.

"Karim stay out of this." Tawfiq frowned.