Six-"This guy was...ugh!"

Start from the beginning

When school finally was out, I stood there bouncing on the ball of my feet waiting on Jus to finally grace me with his presence.

In my last class, I spent it just mauling over different ways I would put my plan into action.

I had two options. One was to snoop around his house and find some evidence and the other was to get close enough to Lucas to get him to say it and then expose him.

The problem was the latter made my skin crawl and I knew I would fail to be in the same room with Lucas for more than a minute without wanting to strangle him or myself. I was leaning more to the former plan, but I know it would not be effective like the latter.

I kept weighing out the options as our teacher ranted on about some field trip that was in the next few weeks. Eventually, my brain started to get tired and I shut down to discuss it with the guys later.

Speaking of the guys, I should have caught a ride with Madi earlier. It was now 30 minutes since school was over and I was still standing here waiting on Jus. He normally leaves early from his school to pick me up and then we would go back to his on the days he has practice or home, by this time.

I groaned, pulling out my phone and call him, but no answer came. Matter of fact, it went to voicemail.

Douchebag.

I looked up seeing the once bright sky darkening and angry clouds rolling in. The wind was even picking up. I saw the leftover students start to run to their cars and sped out of the facility to beat the storm and I let off a string of curses towards Jus.

I debated if I should go back into the school, but I knew for a fact that most of the doors were locked and most of the teachers were gone. Our school staff wasn't one to stay behind for fun.

Great!

I should just walk there. I might can beat it, too. His school wasn't that far from mines.

I tucked my cardigan closer to me and put my legs to work.

I think I can.

I think I can.

I think I can.

I was halfway between the schools when the thunder burst through the air and rain started pouring down over me.

I said a string of curse words before just making up my mind that I would just be sick after all of this.

I was deep into my thought of how I should just forget about my dream car and settle for a car to get me from point A to point B, when a blue car ( please don't ask me what kind, I honestly don't know) came next to me.

My heart jumped because now I was soaking wet and about to be kidnapped.

"Get in!" the voice shouted through the screw-down window and I jumped, before realizing who it belong to.

"I rather drown out here" I screamed back.

Lucas wasn't a kidnapper, but I still would be caught dead in the car with him.

"You're being silly, Raine. Get in! You're going to be sick!" he kept the car at a slow pace beside me as I sped walk.

I was really close to the school. I didn't need the ride.

Lightning struck- scaring the hell out of me, and it was followed by an ear-numbing thunder.

I bit my lip contemplating.

I was close to the school, so it wouldn't be a long of a ride.

"Get in, Raine," he said one more time. I let out a hefty sigh before I dash into the car and slammed the door shut. He turned the heater up and reached behind him to throw a jacket at me.