Eduardo walks past me and goes to sit on the sofa, resting his head on his lap, looking more like a lost puppy that the dragon that he is.

I turn to Julian and he shakes his head as he shuts the door closed and walks in.

Artemis grabs his hand to stop him and demands in a deadly tone, "Speak Now Julian"

He sighs and grabs my mate's hand, dragging her to the sofa, making it harder for me to control Zeus, who is now picturing biting the demon's head off.

Artemis follows him, and so do I. We wait for him to start talking and with one last look at Ed, he begins, "About that-"

*

LEAH's POV

ONE HOUR AGO

I'm getting tired of staying at the bar drinking and flirting with this Julian guy, so I decide to head back to my hotel now.

"Where are you going?" He asks when he sees me stand up.

I ignore him and throw some bills on the counter to cover my tab and give a salute to the hot bartender, who's shown interest in me all night but hasn't managed to stir my interest.

"Where are you going?" Julian repeats again and I turn to him with a frown, "You didn't expect me to drag you to my bed, right? Because I'm not really interested in mated guys ... Hell demon blood tastes awful too, so you're literally of no use to me"

"So?"

"So I'm heading back to my hotel-"

"I'll be dropping you off once I am done with my meeting"

"Meeting who? A ghost? Bro you've been stood up.... Grow a pair and accept it" I laugh at his gullibility and his face contorts with anger.

"I gave Artemis my word, or I'd not give a flying fuck about you, so sit your ass down" He snarls and I roll my eyes.

"I'm not a baby, and neither am I drunk" I reassure him, then pat his back, "Thank you for being a good drinking buddy. See you around"

When I start leaving, he holds me back by clasping my hand and my temper flares.

"Don't test me demon" I snarl, "Or Artemis' friend or not, I'll end you"

His eyes turns red as he stands up, "You leech-"

The rest of his words are drowned out into nothing as I suddenly start feeling lightheaded, my hearing too enlightened where I can hear everything, yet nothing at all, and my eyesight blurry.

"Fuck" He lets go of my hand, "Are you getting a vision?" He asks and I shake my head no. I have better control on my visions to the point that they come and go and all I get in its wake is a headache that makes me wanna die.

This... This on the other hand feels like death itself, yet at the same time feels like I'm the most alive I've been in my entire existence.

Julian makes a move to touch me and I step away from him, clutching my head, I start stumbling to the door... I need to get away because I honestly don't know what is up with me and though this place is filled with supes, I don't wanna risk hurting anyone.

"Ah!" I hear Julian's frustrated shout before he's on my tail, following me out of there.

Once I am outside the door, I glare at him ignoring my head which feels like it is about to burst by the way, and snarl, "Stay the fuck away demon"

"Shut up and let me take you to your hotel" He insists and I get hit with this sudden blood thirst which has me squeezing my eyes shut and walking backwards, away from him... I can't hurt Art's friend...