CHAPTER 9

Chapter 9

Song- This is How We Do It by Montell Jordan.

"You are in an awfully good mood" S comments, eyeing me warily.

Major Lazer's Lean On is playing on the speaker and my body is in harmony with the beat of the music as I prepare dough for some bread.

Blow a kiss, Fire a gun

All we need is somebody to lean on

"I am, aren't I?" I grin at her and her eyes widen.

"Please tell me Alpha Black did not agree to send you back to Spain? Please!!" Her face pales and I step off my high cloud for a couple of seconds to tell her neither I am that lucky to get back to my pack already, nor is she to get rid of me so soon.

A look of utter relief settles on her face, followed by a tang of guilt, and I shake my head as I ignore her and her hurricane of emotions and concentrate back on my dough.

I hear the front door open, followed by Victoria's "I love this song!"

I cannot help but cringe, because her cohort is back from school already.

I mean come on! Aren't they the popular crowd? Shouldn't they be back from school at like 7 o'clock or something? They certainly shouldn't be back home at 4!

Victoria paddles in the kitchen, while the others hop up the stairs to their respective rooms.

"What smells good?" She plops in the vacant stool beside S and mimics my best friend to stare at me as I put the dough away.

"Hey Vic! Art is making her infamous bread" S tells her before turning her attention back to me. Her eyes have a question in them- Why am I baking bread when I hate baking it. I ignore her curious eyes.

The song comes to an end, and before I can think of another one, S beats me to it with a, 'my turn!'

Her face turns bright as Rihanna's We Found Love starts and I shake my head at her.

She gets off her stool, grabs my hand, motions for Victoria to follow us as she drags me to the living room.

By the time the song starts, S and I are already in the middle of the hall, and giving up, I flip the day lights to midnight ones, as S pushes away the sofa to make space.

We've missed the first verse so, we take our cue with the chorus.

We sing together looking at each other,

We found love in a hopeless place

I'd thought that it'd be awkward what with Victoria as our audience, but the pure happiness on S's face makes me forget everything.

We found love in a hopeless place

S looks away from me to look at Victoria and I copy her and together to her we sing,

We found love in a hopeless place

Victoria looks completely in awe and that makes me feel even more empowered.

The next two lines are mine, so S just claps her hands as I lean in towards Victoria and sing,

Shine a light through an open door

Love and life I will divide

I step back, grooving to the beat of the song and S takes my place, as she continues where I left off.