CHAPTER 31- CAMERON'S POV

Song- In My Feelings by Drake.

Chapter 31- Cameron's POV

Because I am that awesome😏

She looks lost in my lap and shit, I can barely contain my body's natural reaction to her.

More so is Zeus, who wants to get out and pounce. Her smell, comboned with her arousal is making him insane.

"Hello" She says awkwardly, not making a move to get off me. Or to ask me what the hell I am doing in her room.

I narrow my eyes at her.

"Hello, Artemis" Even though I am having an internal battle with Zeus, I manage to keep my voice cool. Distant.

"Is it too late to wish you Happy Birthday?" She asks biting her lips and I nod. My birthday is officially over.

"Oh" she pouts, "Belated Happy Birthday then, Ron" She whispers. Zeus nearly jumps out of my skin on hearing the old nickname from her lips. Shit.

What am I doing here?

"What are you doing here?" She asks, her head is cupped in her palms and she has her neck stretched to stare at mr.

"Checking up on you" I say, "I didn't see you in the party and then Lucifer and Stella told me you were not feeling well"

"LA and S told you I am not feeling well?" She asks dubiously.

"Yes" I say firmly, even though it's a lie. The moment she got into heat, Lucifer, Stella and I were in the kitchen, talking about how we could get my vision back.

I had brought them here, because I needed somebody to help her while I struggled with Zeus.

"What were you looking for?" I ask her, changing the subject.

She frowns, "My mobile phone"

The said device which lies in the pocket of my jeans.

"Did you find it?"

"No" She frowns.

"Why did you need it?"

"Forget it" She shrugs, "it's not important anyway. I can do it as well in the morning"

"Why did you need it?" I repeat my question. It may not be important for her, but it certainly is very important to me. By Moon if she says that she wanted to contact Ashallyn or Sebastian or some other stupid male, I will not be held responsible for my actions.

She stares at me for a beat, contemplates something, and then answers, "I wanted to tell Sharon, a witch ftom the coven, to return my book that she borrowed"

I nod, relaxing somewhat.

Picking up the Morrison and Boyd that she had tossed on the bed, I ask her, "You were going to study?"

She bites her lower lip, "I really want to graduate with good grades" she confesses.

"I'll help you" I tell her, putting the book aside, "tomorrow"

I wrap my hand around her and shit, the sparks that have always been there between the two of us have intensified immensely.

My body seems like it's on fire and my hands... Fuck.

This has got to be the worst sort of torture.

"What are you doing?" She asks curiosly. Instead of getting tense, her body has relaxed under my touch.

"Checking up on you" I use the excuse from earlier. "You are a pack mate, so it is my responsibility to look after you" I stress.

"Not for long though" She whispers.